New shoes for the Caddy

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Hey all, got some new rims and tires for the Caddy! Kind of had to, we had bought winter tires for the Escalade, and yes I know many of you have no idea what winter tires are!! Anyways, we mounted them on the factory rims and decided instead of switching back and forth every season, we would just get some rims. Well I've decided I want to paint my calipers to show them off a little more.  I used Foliatec ft2160 Rosso Red  many years ago and it seemed to hold up quite well over the years. The problem I have is it seems almost impossible to get this stuff in Canada. 

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/gallery/image/7310-foose-switch/

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/gallery/image/7308-20170412_162215jpg/&browse=1

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/gallery/image/7311-foliatec-ft2160-rosso-red/

I'm betting you go through winter tires quick. I mean you run them 11 months a year .....  :lol:   j/k .... looks good!! 

We use to have the theory that we'd just get new tires connected to a new car when we needed them ..... who am I kidding, we still do ....  :blink:

Lookin good Derrick  :Like:

We always have a second set of wheels and winter tires for both cars, just finally changed them back to summers a couple weeks ago. I'm happy to say when we relocate South in the very near future we won't need those any more!

I like the look Derrick. Who's rims are they? I'm also looking around for rims for our Explorer conversion van. Also figured on keeping the old set of rims and tires for winter.

Does anyone have experience with Black Chrome? I was wondering if the rims would show water spots more than regular bright chrome.

Derick; I have a friend that orderd a 2013 Esclade. He orderd it with 17's cause he knew he was gonna drive it from the dealership and straight to the tire shop. The dealer called and said your esclacde is here come get it. He showed up and it had factory 22s on it. He took it to the tire shop and got his new wheels. I said what did you do with your factory 22's he said

I GAVE THEM TO THE TIRE SHOP!!!!! "Why did you want them????"  I was like you dummy. LOL lol 

I'm very surprised at how inexpensive aftermarket wheels and tires are. Here in CA it seems like their is a tire and wheel shop on every corner, and the Craig's list used market is full of offerings. That said "Buyer Beware"  kind of off subject  but not if you do decide to buy a Used set of wheels it's a great idea to have them spun on a tire machine b4 you hand over the cash. Many times wheels are bent or have flat spots and you can't see them unless you spin them on a tire Balancer machine.

i needed a new set of tires for the truck. It was like $800 out the door. I went to Craig's list and I found a brand new set of wheels and new tires for my truck. Someone bought a new truck and bought brand new wheels and took off the factory wheels and was selling a set of 4 for only $700. I thought to my self damm. I should have come to Craig's list b4 I set out to the tire shop.

I like the look Derrick. Who's rims are they? I'm also looking around for rims for our Explorer conversion van. Also figured on keeping the old set of rims and tires for winter.

Does anyone have experience with Black Chrome? I was wondering if the rims would show water spots more than regular bright chrome.

They are Foose rims, they are a flat black, which is why I'm waiting for my new set to arrive!! They let some joe blow mount them and when he put them on the balancer he made a perfect circle scratch on each rim from the cone they tighten it down with!! $1600 mistake on their part! 

My factory were the 18" which are great for winter. These I just went with a 20" . My in laws had the 22" on their Escalade and the wife hated the ride of them. Plus 20" rubber is pretty cheap, at least in these, Nitto NT420 's under $200 each (+ taxes), Canadian!!

Looking good. Hopefully the back ones get wet at the boat ramp this year.

Back