New yamaha motor f175

lakeliving

Reaction score
I was looking around on the yamaha website and see there is now a 175 and the 115 have been reworked.

The venerable 150 is redone too.

There is certainly a trend towards larger motors.  My friend is looking for a used pontoon and his number one complaint is that if it is older than 2 years old the motors are all 60 - 90hp.  Hope I am not in the same boat when I want to sell my boat in a few years

I think the 115 on the back of your boat will always have an audience, it's a fantastic motor.

I just finished looking at Yamaha's website and it would appear that the 150 has been neglected in this round of new straight 4's. Makes me wonder if they are thinking the the 175 will replace the 150 in the future.

There is certainly a trend towards larger motors.  My friend is looking for a used pontoon and his number one complaint is that if it is older than 2 years old the motors are all 60 - 90hp.  Hope I am not in the same boat when I want to sell my boat in a few years

150 Will remain popular due to the fact that 150 is a very popular max HP limit.

The 115 got an update as well. Looks to have counter balances that should help with the vibrations many of us reported.

Back