Newbie to forum and boating (long)

We have a 2250 GSR with the ESP and a Honda 250 on Brookville Lake Indiana. On any holiday there are 2 to 4 footer from the wakes of so many boats and ours handles it with ease.
You won't have any problems on Erie.

Went to the dealer last weekend. Decided against the bar models and decided on the 23RSB. Metallic white with smokey granite accent, blackout edition. Mercury 250 HP Verado with DTS, power steering, heavy water package, elliptical sport package (ESP), bimini LED lighting, Simrad GPS, sandstone interior with carbon accent. Center tank storage and fuel tank (35 gallon total). Elevated console, RGB side illumination and cup holders, and stainless steel keeper rail around rear lounge so people can relax while moving. Now checking on insurance, and marinas in Marblehead area. Dealer said delivery around mid-end April.

Trying to decide if we should have a table mounting placed in the floor in the bow for future use? Dealer said could be added later as most people eventually decide not to use it. So, better for factory install now or dealer install later?

Thanks for all the input leading up to this.

Congrats! Nice build! I’d wait on the table mount until you see if you will use it.

Sounds nice! You might want to check to see if a larger fuel tank is available with the 250. Just sayin". :cool:

Last edited:
Sounds look a great boat. Post pictures when you get it. Congrats!

Looks like a great build, we use our table almost every trip. If you’re not sure just wait and see, if I could do it again I’d put it up front.

Great build. Think you will love the extra seating and lounging on the swingback over the bar/dinette models. Will also love the ESP-will handle the rough water much better! Ours has handled it remarkably well!

Sounds sweet!!
I had table install done at factory. May never use it, but I’d rather have it and not need it vs. other way around. Plus probably cheaper having it done while being built and any issues, it’s warranted for 10 years!

I totally agree with Carl, doesn't the ESP have a 50.1 gallon tank? That's what mine was.

The gas tank is frankly the feature I am most envious with on the ESP. I wish us SPS’ers could get a gas tank that large on our set up. Very nice!

SEMPERFI: Agree and will have done.
Bulldogs: Rechecked again and not available on this model, perhaps because of the swingback lounge.
Have an email in to Bennington to make sure the blackout addition will not leave black streaks on the white panel.

Blackout is an anodization. It won’t, but dirt will. I’ve never seen a white boat that has not been taken care off, without black streaking. Actually goes for any color, white just doesn’t hide it.

Congratulations on what sounds like a terrific build! I think you're really going to love that Merc with DTS. As for the fuel tank, I'm 99.9% sure all ESP models have a 50 gallon capacity. Of course, pictures when available.

Well, 3 months later we got the boat. Delivered yesterday. Jason Clemons from Clemons Marine, Sandusky OH had the boat ready for us at the dock. Spent time with us newbies showing how everything works and how to drive it. Couldn't believe how quiet the Mercury Vorado motor is. Very proud of our boat. Will take pictures and post after this Nor'easter on Lake Erie passes.

Back