Newby to Bennington

Reaction score
Friday 5-6-2016 will be my maiden voyage for my 2016 2250GSR. I've never had a pontoon boat before because I always thought that they were for old guys. Well here I am at 60 years old buying a pontoon boat. The great thing about Bennington it doesn't have to look or perform like the old days. Tri toon, 150HP Yamaha, raised helm, lighted everything and much more. Can't wait to get the season started for my family so we can start "Makin' Memories"  !!!

Congrats and welcome to the Bennington family. Lets see some pictures of that maiden voyage Friday!

I've never had a pontoon boat before because I always thought that they were for old guys.

Hey, I resemble that! LOL!

Bought my first Bennie the year I became a grandpa! ;-)

I used to think that too, I am so glad i didnt wait til i got old to get one.  Have fun, we just got ours this year and get out whenever, wherever we can.  For the record 51 ain't old, 60 maybe, but not 51.

As the age old saying goes, "you are only as old as you feel!"  When on the Bennington out on the open water I don't think anyone can say they feel old no matter the age!  Hubby will be 68 in a few days, on the boat, feels 40ish.. maybe!  :D

Hey, I resemble that! LOL!

Bought my first Bennie the year I became a grandpa! ;-)

A lot of that going around. Two weeks for us to take possession.

Well... I got my first pontoon for my birthday last year at the ripe old age of 45. I have 7 kids from 3-20 (4 girls/ 3 boys) and no grand kids. Dang well better not be any in my near future either or I will have to put the Benny away and get out my gun.

Welcome to the club and make sure to post pics!

Congratulations..........you are in for some great times.  I bought my first pontoon at 65 then upgraded to a Bennington at 70 (2012 2275 GCW).  Nothing old about either one, but in that short time we have had some great times with our family and friends.

Roy

I was 26 when we bought our Crest. 27 with the first Benny. I've always acted older than my age (aside from my posts here!!!) The desire for a quality boating experience knows no age!

"Old Guys" ride Harleys,(or let the bike stay in the garage) "Young Guys" have the Bennington on the water EVERY WEEKEND,,,,jus saying

Royo, we're at Northshore Pickwick in our '06 2075R and need a new Vol Navy flag like you have see you this summer from a 1956 born Vol. Stan

Traded in the runabout for a pontoon at age 39, haven't looked back yet! Well maybe for 300hp!  Maybe the wife isn't always wrong! :p

I bought our first pontoon at 45.......a used '96 22 footer with only a 50hp 2 smoke on the back.  Used the crap out of that for the first year just to see if we liked a pontoon over our cuddy cabin bayliner.....yeah we liked it a lot!  Bought the GSR2250 tritoon with a Yami 150 on it during the worst snowy ohio winter back in 2014 and haven't looked back.  We love our boat......250+ engine hours in 2 ohio summers can't be wrong.

Let the miles of smiles continue and enjoy your time "Makin' Memories" with family and friends on that new boat!

Stan, there are about 4 places you can get the flag, just google Vol Navy flag and they will show up.  There is also one at the bottom of the lake at the beginning of the no wake zone going into Aqua Yacht harbor that we lost.  We have a house just off of YMCA and have plans are to start building a new one later this year on Yellow Creek. 

Most weekends we anchor in Zippy creek across from Grand Harbor, stop by if you are ever in that neighborhood.

Roy

Gentlemen you are only as old as you feel!

Some days are just worse than others. Ha!

Back