NMEA 2000 Install help

Rssuttle

Reaction score
Hopefully someone has an NMEA 2000 backbone installed by a dealer or professional installer that will share pictures of installation so I can set mine up the same. Where it was mounted and the mounting brackets , tools and hardware.
Maybe you’ve posted them already ???
Do you like use it mucv
Thanks.
Any help will be appreciated

Mine is mounted under the helm on the exterior panel. By use it much, what do you mean? Every time I run my boat I use it to display my fuel level, engine vitals, etc...

Mine is mounted under the helm on the exterior panel. By use it much, what do you mean? Every time I run my boat I use it to display my fuel level, engine vitals, etc...
I look at my fuel and trim level. I want to be able to set the instruments to alert me if I have an issue like temp, volts or oil pressure etc.. a little early warning.
I’d like to see how the backbone is mounted and what was used to mount it so I can keep neat. If you have that could you send it to me?

I look at my fuel and trim level. I want to be able to set the instruments to alert me if I have an issue like temp, volts or oil pressure etc.. a little early warning.
I’d like to see how the backbone is mounted and what was used to mount it so I can keep neat. If you have that could you send it to me?
Do you have a Simrad or something similar to facilitate the communication? The backbone is basically a T connection between power and cables for instruments to communicate with each other. I have one by the battery and some under the helm but just floating in the air.

I'm not going to send you a picture of mine... it's ugly as hell and won't help you at all. For the time being it's loose-laid in my helm in a box until I get to mounting it permanently which would take all of 10-mins. Just laziness on my part.

What interface device are you going to use to read your N2K data? I assume a Simrad or other MFD? The reason I ask is you may not need a N2K for certain devices such as a Garmin GPSmap that has a J1939 input that you should be able to direct-connect with a cheap harness to your engine.

Back