No deck space for electric anchor

Sweetride

Reaction score
We just purchased our first boat a 2013 Bennington SSX22 with a Yamaha 90ph 4 stroke and a Yacht Club Bunker Trailer.

I ordered an electric anchor before taking possession of our boat and then realized I don't have enough space for it. I have seen an extension you can mount on the front of the boat to place the lift on but I can't seem to find what they are called...

Any thoughts would be appreciated..

I suppose you could install a trolling motor gate on the front. That would allow enough clearance for the anchor housing.

I bought the same boat and I'm installing a Minn Kota Terrova 80 with a trolling motor gate. I'm installing the quick attach puck as well so the motor can be easily removed. The Terrova 80 iPilot has the ability to spot lock anchor, which I hope will eliminate the need for an anchor most of the time.

I have a 2012 24SSL that I customized to fish out of the bow and my wife to relax in the stern. I had a trolling motor gate installed and a plate to allow removal of the trolling motor. I got lucky when installing the plate in that if you want to load the boat on the trailer with the trolling motor mounted you have to make sure the trolling motor does not hit the stop brackets on the front of the trailer. I still have to make sure the prop is facing inward to keep it from hitting the brackets but at least I can leave it mounted when I trailer the boat which is not very often. Of course your minn kota may not overhang the bow like my motorguide.

Sweetride,

If you cant get the electric anchor mounted just send it to me and I will use it on my boat :) as the trolling motor gate is needed.

One other issue for me is that I dock my boat in a slip at the marina and have to have room for others to walk down the dock in front of my boat without bumping in to my prop or anchor if I ever install one. Currently my anchor is in a 5 gal bucket and it is a hassel but affordable.

Thanks for the ideas, I call my dealer and they said they have the parts I need to install my anchor.. Although the 10 inches of snow we got today put the breaks on all my anchor install...

Back