Odd hours meter indication

Ken Codeglia

Reaction score
Like other forum postings, I too have a Bennington tach with digital engine hours read out. When I got the boat (used), it made sense with 68.0 hours reading. But now, for reasons unknown to me, the readout has changed to a flashing ourglass with a long string of numbers.

My Benningotn owner's manual has very litlle in formation about the tach. So, what am I seeing?

Hey team Bennington; what's the answer? How do I reset for the simple hours readout?

Help from my local dealer has been cumbersome and slow.

Thank you for any help.

I don't think you can reset the hourmeter, it's like the odometer in your car, no tampering allowed.

Your dealer should be able to get a new one for you, as it sounds like yours has failed.

Did you get the warranty transferred when you bought the boat?

Hi Ken,

The hourglass should be flashing, it just means that it's working. If it’s not reading consistent numbers then something is wrong. There is no way to reset the gauge so you will need a new one. If the boat is less than 5 years old, it's on us. Please see a Bennington dealer for assistance. Sorry to hear that your current dealer is unresponsive...send us a PM if you need help finding someone else to help. Thanks, TB

Back