Odd question...

Trovatore

Reaction score
Recently got a 22 SSRX, and next visit in a week or two we'll need to fill it up with gas.

Have a stupid question that's not going to let me alone until I get it answered :)

When I did the walkaround of the boat prior to buying they naturally pointed out where you put the gas nozzle. Of course, now I don't remember - port, starboard, or even where on the boat it is.

I thought such info would be easily available in the manual or somewhere online. No such luck unless I've missed it and wasted a good 2 hours looking! :)

Anyway, it's one of those questions that I just can't let go of till I get an answer. Appreciate any help!

Mine is on the port side, I have the same model as yours

Thank you! Hate to ask, but can you say about where it is located there - my only memory is that it seemed about 3/4 of the way to stern, but whether it is built around the fence somewhere, or down lower, I have no idea.

Port side, just aft of the port door. Welcome to the forum, this is a great place to ask all your questions. Bennington is a great boat, you are going to have a great summer. If you are new to boating I highly recommend you take a boater safety course, they can be taken either online or many communities offer them.

My gas cap/nozzle is located on the port (left) side toward the stern. I'd have to think yours is as well.

Port side not far behind port door, little below top of fence. Look for the round black gas cap

Odd enough mine is on the starboard side (2017 22 SSRCXP). I trailer every where and every-time I fuel up I wish it was on the port side as it would be easier to see when pulling into a pump.

Odd enough mine is on the starboard side (2017 22 SSRCXP). I trailer every where and every-time I fuel up I wish it was on the port side as it would be easier to see when pulling into a pump.

It's funny how opinions vary on a subject like this. Mine is on the starboard side just behind the captain's chair. I happen to like where it's located! I've found it to be very convenient for dockside fueling.

It's funny how opinions vary on a subject like this. Mine is on the starboard side just behind the captain's chair. I happen to like where it's located! I've found it to be very convenient for dockside fueling.

I bet if I ever filled up from a dock I would appreciate it on that side, thanks for the positive view. Apparently I need to rent a slip at the marina instead of hauling it back and forth on a trailer. My boat was obviously made specifically for that, I'll let my wife know of the new plan and see how it goes.

Thanks, everyone. Very much appreciated. I'm not going to be able to get to it for about a week or two, and for some reason I just needed to get this answered or it would bug me to no end :) Haha.

One of the reasons was for my curiosity was one of the locations for on-the-water gas...we drove by on our first trip out on the lake, and the area surrounding the pumps is a little cramped, and the gas cap most likely being on the port side will complicate it a bit more. As I'm a new boater, I'm still getting used to handling the throttle and steering, and will use the other, slightly less convenient location, until I've got a few more hours under my belt.

Mike, you mentioned about the Boater Safety Course - I took it a couple of weeks before the boat was delivered. Had no idea it would be so in-depth as it was. I took a lot of notes during the course so I can refer back as needed. We go every summer to Lake of the Ozarks and are guests of my wife's cousins on their boats. I asked a lot of questions, which they were happy to answer, and that really gave me a good head start for the course.

Thank again, everyone.

It was handy having mine on the port side while towing, I pulled into the gas station, filled the Caddy, pulled up and filled the boat! Not happy when I looked at the pump and saw how high the digits go!! Hehe

Port side, just a bit back from the door. I have same boat just the P being different.

Back