Officially done for the year.....

BigKahuna

Reaction score
The weather here in NC has been absolutely gorgeous in November. The bad thing is we haven't really had any measurable rainfall in a couple months resulting in our lake being down 5 to 6 feet. 2 Christmas lighted boat parades have already been cancelled. Anyway I spent a couple hours at the marina on Friday. I changed the oil/filter, lower unit oil, fuel filter, fuel/ water separator, took the prop off cleaned everything and regreased the splines. Used Vinyl sauce to clean the upholstery and washed the boat with the mooring cover on and dried everything. Only thing I have to do now is charge the batteries every 30 days over the winter..... Did I miss anything?

Dryer sheets/mothballs for bugs n critters??

Dryer sheets/mothballs for bugs n critters??
Thx for the reminder. Come to think about it I haven't used any mothballs in this boat in 4 seasons. I used to put 3 little foil trays of mothballs throughout my old boat in the 13 years we had it.

Check anodes... :p
Yup next time I go back I'll have them put it on blocks and I'll bring the right sockets and take it off. Dying to see if that will work for the Simrad transducer to read at all speeds .....

Yup next time I go back I'll have them put it on blocks and I'll bring the right sockets and take it off. Dying to see if that will work for the Simrad transducer to read at all speeds .....

Knowing my luck it will make it worse! But it's such a good running joke (I think) you might want to just keep it on there for old times sakes!

I throw in the big bucket (2lb) of "Damp Rid" on the floor to keep the moisture level down and I open all the seat compartments for the winter to make sure everything dries out.

1700492086003.png

I throw in the big bucket (2lb) of "Damp Rid" on the floor to keep the moisture level down and I open all the seat compartments for the winter to make sure everything dries out.

View attachment 35118
Yeah Todd I used to have containers of Damprid in the foil pans that held the moth balls. But ever since I got that Sunbrella mooring cover on my last boat, I learned that I didn't need it. Because that fabric breathes so well. I never had a mildew problem after that.

Back