OH NO..........................

Bob & Sandi

Reaction score
I've got a "Friday" build. When the dealer let me know that my build date was going to be 3/22, it was "great". It just hit me today that my build date is on a Friday with a probable completion on a Monday. Hope it is not going to be like the old days with the auto industry. Talk about bad luck. :):(

Bob

I don’t think you have anything to worry about. After all it is a Bennington and still covered by the 10 year warranty. Just check it out thoroughly before you take delivery.

And if there are issues, do not take ownership until they are taken care of. I had an issue but took possession while “it got reviewed”. 13 months later, issue denied under warranty coverage, and multiple follow ups. Eventually Bennington just stopped following up and returning calls and emails about it.

You’ll probably be fine. However, if you have a problem at first inspection, do not accept the boat as is with the statement “Bennington stands behind their boats”. My experience is they do not consistency stand behind their warranty. Love my boat, but I don’t drink that warranty cool aid anymore.

I'm not really concerned, it was more of a tongue in cheek comment, but I will give it a good once or twice look over. Sometimes I can be kind of an azz with how I think things should be. I know how I am when I do thing and I tend expect the same from others.

The dealer is going to do an on lake orientation to be sure we know how to use the toon. I think I have more years on the water than any of the people at the dealership are old.

Kind of wondering though about accepting the boat. Does paying for it constitute taking possession? Dealer will keep the boat under cover until I want to pick it up but they want to be paid with in about a week after they receive it. I'm kind of thinking I may pay but not sign anything until actual delivery to me on my trailer.

I know things can go wrong with new purchases. I am currently living with a junk Samsung French door fridge, Fridge is OK but ice maker is junk. I have to use a hair drier to defrost the icemaker about once a month. Problem arose about a month before warranty ran out but had to fight for coverage. Samsung claimed that fridge was older than 12 months old. Turns out they were looking at the time that the fridge was purchase by box store as the start date, 3 months earlier. Their fix was to put some sealant in the icemaker to keep the moist air in the frige from getting into the icemaker. Repair lasted several months. Will never buy another Sansung product. There appear to be 100's of people with the same problem.

I don't know about their refrigerators, but our induction stove is awesome!

Bob, honestly my first impression when I read your post was that you were pulling our leg and I'm glad to see that I wasn't too far off. Vikingstaff does make a great point however. Dealers seem to be a lot more attentive to things while they are still financially on the hook.

I had a samsung fridge at our last house and the ice maker went out after a couple years. They were a joke and didn't stand behind the product.

Like the others have said, no concerns with a Friday build. For me, I'm happier on a Friday and probably do better work on those days.

We have had a French door, drawer and freezer Samsung for 6 years with no issues yet. “Knock on wood”

Sometimes I think it’s partly where you buy it from and the relationship they have with the wholesaler. I bought a Samsung washer and dryer from Sears (several years ago when they still existed). Total crap. Had the washer swapped out twice and dryer once. Still unhappy. Ended up returning both and said never again. Well, that was my thought anyway. My wife loved the layout of the panel and the options and we couldn’t find another that was so “perfect”. So we bought the same Samsung pair at Best Buy. They were awesome and we had no issues for several years. Moved, bought another pair for the new house, and washer leaked internally, got it replaced and have had no issues, but I’m tired of it and done with Samsung (just don’t tell my wife).

Oh, you needn't worry about that . . . they're not going to build the ENTIRE boat on Friday . . . only the critical stuff!

Have a 71" Samsung DLP TV that we've had for 12 yrs. Still going strong. Once you change the bulb it's like a new TV. Giving it to my son when he moves. Already been replaced.....by a Sony.

Boat was delivered to the dealer last Friday. Rigging should be in about a month, back log. I was back in the service area several weeks ago and they weren't moving very fast.

Bob

I heard it was being rigged on a Friday! Just kidding. Congrats on the new boat showing up!

Boat was delivered to the dealer last Friday. Rigging should be in about a month, back log. I was back in the service area several weeks ago and they weren't moving very fast.

Bob

At $100+ an hour I wouldn’t be moving fast either ... :D:D

Back