Oil change pumps

jabo

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a manual oil change pump and wonder what you guys use or recommend. I need it to hold at least 6 qts. so that I can use it on my vehicles too.

Hats off for having the gumption and ability to even attempt an oil change. I know many people on this board do their own service but I'm not one of them. Heck, even replacing a headlight on my SUV was beyond me. Took the dealer an hour. As a kid, I rebuilt a Rocket V8 in my 68 Cutlass but now I just shudder when I look under the hood.

I'm sure someone will have a suggestion for you. Have fun...

Last edited by a moderator:
Another vote for the MityVac, though I think mine is 7200. I use it on everything around here, probably 7 or 8 years old now, and works like new.

Do you have any opposition to using a Electric vacuum oil pump. 

I bought on if these and I Love it. I get the oil just slightly warm and then hook this thing up to power and ground and 45 seconds later the oil is all in the bucket. I place a cap or stopper in the end that sucks the oil out so it can't drip on the carpet. But this thing is awesome. It's great because getting rid of the oil is just as easy. You simply hit the reverse switch and you can dump the oil at your local station.

im supprised they don't have a Battery opperated version Yett. 

But I can highly recommend one of these

comes with all the fitting sand attachments to extract threw dip stick OR threw oil remote tube. Works on your outdrive and or Transmissionnas well

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001CX0WX4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468255673&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=jabsco+oil+change+pumps&dpPl=1&dpID=51E6Ea8zU2L&ref=plSrch

I prefer to just use the oil drain hole - more likely to get any heavier sediments from the bottom of the oil pan.  Picked up a tilt-n-drain for that very purpose.  Now if I could just keep that oil filter from leaking while I remove it......

Back