Ok friends... How much is the next 45 days going to stink waiting for the snow to melt.

89832097.jpg

The Biggest Disadvantage to our Lake 

It is only 150 acres 

More like a puddle in comparison to public lakes

It is however very deep, just off my dock it drops to 30 feet at the Dam 75 feet.

It was built by American Realty a TN company which built many Man-Made Lakes in The US during the 1960's

Lake Tomahawk was one of their last Lake Communities.

On the pics I love photography !

Being retired I have plenty of free time (lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pittsburgh I know how you feel about waiting for spring to hit the lake.  A few weeks ago it was bitter cold and snowing and blowing.....the past week or so it has warmed up into the mid 50's here almost everyday.  We went down tot the lake tuesday evening and the lake IS thawing out with all the warm temps and abundance of sunshine.  Now that I'd guess about 1/4 of the lake is open water it shouldn't take to long to be 100% ice free.

Went from this about a month ago:

DSCN12501_zpshmdx2qcg.jpg

DSCN11891_zpsviwimptm.jpg

DSCN12491_zpstj7yhzal.jpg

To this 2 weeks ago:

DSCN13191_zpsbkbigtz1.jpg

DSCN13241_zpsrpobwy3a.jpg

Indian Lake Bum

Beautiful Pics

I just can't wait to see the water here

It's been a long cold winter and I am ready to enter spring

Just to be able to ride the LSV would be great 

109961067.jpg

So today it was 62 degrees here in central Ohio. So I decide that it was time to go to the dealer and see what was up with my boat. It is all rigged and ready to go. The salesman said as soon as we get some nice weather we will get it out on the lake and test it. So me being anxious I said have you been outside today. It is 65 and the lake is all water what are you calling " nice weather"? As he look at me he seen that I was not laughing and was serious. If it is 50 or above and sunny we need to get it out. I am missing some prime crappy fishing. Well long story short my trailer should be in this week and hopefully I get my Benny next weekend.

The snow is GONE and we have OPEN WATER as of last saturday

DSCN1381_zpswmkxvpmb.jpg

Crazy people did the polar plunge on saturday as well.  Last year they had to cut out a chunk of the ice.....this year it was sunny and mid 50's with no ice to be found (just very cold water to play in)

DSCN1366_zpsfkyrcx8n.jpg

After spending a month in Cocoa Beach, FL and experiencing what is going on the last few winters in NY Kathy and I contacted a real estate agent on our third day down there.  We are planning to buy something perhaps this year and spend January till April down there next winter, the following winter we hope to do November through April.

I would be fine with also selling our house and then stay at the lake house and drive down to Florida from there but Kathy ios not ready to give up our primary residence here in Albany as of yet due to friends and family

After spending a month in Cocoa Beach, FL and experiencing what is going on the last few winters in NY Kathy and I contacted a real estate agent on our third day down there.  We are planning to buy something perhaps this year and spend January till April down there next winter, the following winter we hope to do November through April.

I would be fine with also selling our house and then stay at the lake house and drive down to Florida from there but Kathy ios not ready to give up our primary residence here in Albany as of yet due to friends and family
Excellent plan. Ours is similar but we have a few more years to go. We finally sold the house in town last year, moved to the lake house (1 hour further North), but winter was so brutal again this year. I never used to get it why so many people went South for the winter, but after the last 2 here I'm totally on board with that idea.

My wife would be down there in a second! Problem is she only wants FL. Everywhere else is cold to her! Problem is the wages down there aren't as high (and I just got my raise today) so finding a comp paying job and waterfront home could be a pain. We will only live on water so that limits us.

I guess PAD also works for "Pull A Daril" - When one wises up and moves south!

Back