old boat, new owner, first boat

guardrail22

Reaction score
Saturday, the 26th, we bought a 2002 207L from a private owner near Durham. Road tested on Falls Lake and got the afternoon to go over it real well in and out of the water.

So the usual questions arise.

How do youget the black streaks off the upholstery. AWESOME didnt touch.

Will 303 preserve the vinyl the best?

Should all the cup holders have drain tubes on them. Seems only one or the two in the helm has one.

Is there a good paint to coat and seal the plastic parts like the helm and the light mounts that are showing some age cracks?

Any one ever had to combat muskrats chewing wiring when they leave a boat on water for extended period of time?

Best way to replace mooring cover? Owner tossed the original after it deteriorated.

I might thinkof one or two more

Welcome to the forum Guardrail...........Try a little bleach and water to get those black streaks off if Totally Awesome couldn't get it off..............303 is a good protector of your vinyl. Lot of guys use it on this forum.............Yes Muskrats chewed my depth gauge wire when I first bought my boat. It chewed 8 other wires on boats that were nearby. Owner replaced it................Contact your local upholstery shop for another playpen cover. He can custom install it to the snaps already on your boat ..................

Wrap the wiring in metal tape. We had a muskrat chew the main engine wiring harness before we had the lift and it was $2000.00 to replace it along with the transducer. An apolstery shop is a good idea for a cover unless you can get lucky on ebay. A Benny dealer can also hook you up. Mr Clean Magic Eraser will work well also. Just be sure to rinse with plenty of water afterwards. All the cup holders do not have draain hoses. As for paint, I think Plasticote makes spray paint specifically for plastic and maybe also Rustoleum. Go to the paint isle at Lowes. And btw welcome from Lake Norman.

Congrats on getting your first boat and welcome to the forum! Now we just need to see some photos!

Hey Guardrail........

Boat looks great! Thought your lake sounded familiar. On the way back from Lake Norman last Friday to Virginia I remember passing over a lake on I-85. My wife was driving and I was half asleep and now I remember her saying something about a Falls Lake. Small world............

Back