oldie but a goodie

Rocky; what's the story behind that? I have never seen that photo b4 and it sounds like it might have been talked about here before (hence the oldie but goodie comment) can u fill me in or point me to where it was talked about thanks

It was auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson in April. 2375GCW with a 250. Proceeds went to Wounded Warriors. I just happened to run across it channel surfing. While watching it my daughter kept asking me if that was how we sold our boat. ;)

Ok that makes sense. I couldn't tell from my cell phone but it looked like some banner across the front had some military charity. I wonder what the out the door price came to? I know most Barret Jackson auctions also come with a hefty 20-30% buyer & seller fee attached to the final sale price. I'm not sure if the exact percent that the auction house gets but from what I understand is the buyer and the seller spilt the cost

Last edited by a moderator:
Last I checked it was 8% seller, 10% buyer (12% absentee buyer) and 15% buyer on Automobilia stuff.

Kicker is Barret typically doesn't allow reserve prices unless its value is over $150K, where Mecum does, but Mecum makes minimum $500 plus entry fee no matter what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF I remember it correctly, Barret Jackson waived all fees for this because it was a charity event. The possible collected fees were their donation. I think.

While watching it my daughter kept asking me if that was how we sold our boat. ;)
What was different with your sale? More crying?

Back