optional live well stern or aft

vman

Reaction score
does anyone have any experience with these I am not sure I need the large live well that comes with the fishing versions as I am not an avid fisherman

Before I can think of an answer a question pops into my mind. If you aren't an avid fisherman and don't see the need for a livewell , why do you want a fishing model?

I have the same question.

i will fish 25% of the time to me not avid. When i fish i usually stand and also may be tending to other needs of the boat, So i see the fishing seats as unnecessary. The times i have fished with friends we pick up a few dozen live shrimp and some small bait fish in a portable live well, i am not sure i need the larger live well but think on non fishing days i can use it as a table or a spot to chill beverages i believe i can order a fishing model with delete back fishing seats or go with another model and use the under seat live well options i am trying to beat the 2019 price increase but doubt i will make it

I love to fish but we went with a regular model but I added the livewell under the L shaped seat. I’ve caught many of fish off of it too. I don’t sit and fish so for me those little seats are useless and takes away from plusher seating areas.

Not needing or wanting the livewell or fishing seats pretty much spells it out then. I could see adding an under the seat livewell if it could be added to a non fishing model.

I went from a fishing model with front and rear fishing seats to a front lounger , rear fishing seats model because I never used or cared for the front fishing seats. I do like the livewell in the rear though and added the cooler under the front seat. Lots of different ways to go about it with all the options and layouts Bennington has.

I haven't had one fish in my livewell since owning it. It has been used as a water splashing area for our toddler in years past though. So i would add it if you have small kids or grand kids just for that use.

I periodically drop a line or two. Don't usually sit. So the extended bow and stern are great for me. I got a portable livewell for when I do. If I fish, usually not alot of people on board. Room for live well. If a group is going out....no fishing...no livewell taking up much needed under seat space. I'd nix the fishing version. Go with a standard build. Bennington has a great variety of floor plans. Get coolers space under those seats! It's hot down here in Texas. I need to carry as much cold water as I can! And my next measure if you should or should not get a "fishing" version....you have a subscription to Field and Stream??...or Pontoon??.....there in lies your answer Grass Hopper.

Back