Ordered our 2275GCW today!

BusyKYmom

Reaction score
Just could not find everything we wanted in o e boat so decided to order and it's due in week before Memorial Day Weekend! Glad to put this to bed. We've been to every dealer within 200 miles! Everyone had "just sold" the boat we wanted LOL! Happy to join you here as a true owner now!

We have a cabin on Nolin -- so we are waiting for our water to come back up. Was up to the legs of the dock last week. At least it's not a huge flood this year. How do you like Cumberland?

I see you have the same boat! We went with a Mercury 90, but debated it quite a while. Do you feel like the 115 is better on that boat? We can still change ours if we can find a good reason. We don't pull skiers or tubers now and our grandkids are 2,4 and 6. We just cruise around the lake so felt like a 90 was all we needed, but curious to hear your opinion.

Congrats on your new Bennie,sweet ride! We have a 2275 gcw with a 115, two tube boat, and it runs 26 to 27 depending on water conditions. We are very much like you, we cruise around 10 mph 90% of the time, kids grown and gone. My goal; I wanted our new toon to be able to reach 25+ mph and the 115 did that with two of us on board and pretty much a full fuel tank.

Congrats!

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Busy, I believe member Skeptic is also on Nolin Lake. I really love Cumberland. It's a lake like no other I've ever been to. Besides being the most social of lakes in the area, we have a Guiness World Record Raft up!

I'm not sure I would sweat the difference between the 90 and 115. I've seen several members post performance numbers only slightly lower than mine. I can't say 2-3 mph is worth the extra cost. You will love the fuel economy though when you begin talking to folks with the larger 200+ motors. You'll be able to run 7-8 hours on $50 in marine fuel. It makes all the difference in the world when you can afford to buy your friends dinner because all their money is tied up in fuel!

I have a 90hp yamaha on my 2075GLi ('09), it's a good engine, it'll get you up and going, you can pull kneeboarders and tubes with it, I know that you said that wasn't necessary right now, but grandkids grow and at least you will be able to when the time arises. also the motor that size is still manageable without hydraulic or power steering. We do use ours for tubing and pulling people, and since they are mostly 20 years and older, I have to work the steering wheel hard to try to dump them! For that reason we are trading our boat in for a 2275RCW ESP with a 200hp and power steering!! Haha. Spinzone is right though, the fuel economy was great!! We used to get about 22-23mph with 2 of us and full tank with smooth as silk water (2 x 25" toons) I know a few people on here were getting 2-3mph faster with a different prop setup I believe. Any which way ya slice it, you'll love the Benny!!

BKM, I just replied to your post on loungers on the Dock Talk side of the forum. Congrats again on the new Benny. I hope to see ya on Nolin when your boat arrives. We are anxiously awaiting for the lake to rise to summer pool. Last year I took my boat out on it's maiden voyage in April then the rain came and flooded the lake for over a month. We were back on water mid June.

Spinzone, one day I'm gonna load up and head to Cumberland since I hear so many stories (and see the pics )about the lake especially during the poker run in Sept. I have a lot of friends who boat there.

I hope to run into you down there some weekend in the near future. I did the poker run last year and OH MY was it a good time. Ranked top 10 best poker runs by Offshore Magazine. The parties in Harmon Creek are even better. Just YouTube "Harmon Creek Poker Run" to get the full understanding of what you're in for.

Nolin has had Poker Runs, but we have not made it to one yet. Will try this year. Sounds like fun!

Here is a link to the color combination, it's a different layout, but gives you the idea. Hopefully the link works doing it from my BlackBerry PlayBook! :)

http://youtu.be/Qa9gBOLK_E0

Derrick

I just picked up my 2275GCW this afternoon! All that's missing now is the sunshine...

Had them put on a 200hp V-Max SHO... It cruises along at 46 mph!

photo 2.JPGphoto 1.JPG

I just picked up my 2275GCW this afternoon! All that's missing now is the sunshine...

Had them put on a 200hp V-Max SHO... It cruises along at 46 mph!

View attachment 274View attachment 273
I have been heavily considering jumping up to that same 200 from my 150 and would love it if I could hit your speed. Is that GPS speed and is it an ESP? What prop is on it?

Back