Ordered our New Bennington Tonight!

ChuckP

Reaction score
So we ordered our new Bennington this evening after MUCH debate, questions, etc. It took almost 9 months to get here. Here are the specs:

Boat:

2275GCW

black panels

yellow sport graphics

black canvas

Java seats

Mocha Palm carpet

Yellow seat accents

Motor:

Mercury Optimax 200hp

options:

ESP Performance pkg

raised chrome badges

Depth/fish finder

Dual batteries w/switch

HD rub rail

52" ski pylon

Custom Wheel

R-Series helm chair

GPS Speedo w/compass

Kicker speakers

SS Docking lights

LED Bimini lights

In floor storage

2-portable cupholders

Stern Lounge upgrade

teak Table

Dealer is placing the order and is hoping to have confirmation from Bennington on the build tomorrow as well. In a few weeks we should be going down to the factory for a plant tour while our boat is being built. Oh man are we excited!

Well done, you will love it! No buyers remorse at this house, everybody loves the new Bennington. How much was the 52" ski pylon, and is it retractable as well? I don't have it, and the tow rope bumps the motor when pulling slack. Trying to work with dealer to trade up pylons or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Retail on the pylon is around $750, I think they charged me $525. On the GCW it isnt retractable, but it is removable and has a storage spot under the starboard side lounger.

this will be our 2nd Bennington so I know we wont have any buyers remorse either, other than going from a paid for boat to a boat with about a 50% loan on it. But after a test drive on a 2575RCW with ESP we were sold hook, line and sinker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your new baby. :D

Chuck,

Congratulations on your new toon. Now that is an Options List and you will probably enjoy everyone of them. I would love to tour the factory sometime and may do so in the future. Please post some pics of that beauty in the gallery once you get it.

Now the wait begins and the anticipation builds.

Sounds like a great boat and configuration.

I hope to be making our decision shortly as well.

... after a test drive on a 2575RCW with ESP we were sold hook, line and sinker.
Yeah, a lot of people have that reaction.

GastonGuy, What kind of performance are you getting with your 2275 and the 250? How do you feel the boat would perform with "only" a 200hp like we've ordered.

Well I hear there are some changes coming for the '12 G-series boats. As such we were able to change are boat and now its going to be yellow without graphics instead of black. Ill post some more info soon...

GastonGuy, What kind of performance are you getting with your 2275 and the 250? How do you feel the boat would perform with "only" a 200hp like we've ordered.
Chuck,

I just finished the break in period and trying to figure out correct prop configuration. So far have seen 44mph at 5700 rpm with 55 gal fuel and bimini top up. I would figure you would get low 40's with a 200hp.

WTG Chuck

I new the ride I took you on would help with your decision. YOU WILL LOVE IT.

Todd

Low 40's is exactly what im looking for and power to do watersports. Of course with all the changes for 2012 we have to redo our order now, but Bennington is willing to go the extra mile to accomodate some of our requests. Thats why we're repeat customers!

Todd, that test drive sold us hook, line and sinker! Unless you plan to pony up for the ESP package do NOT test drive a boat with ESP. The difference is amazing!

Back