Our weekend

amr7333

Reaction score
My wife is having a milestone birthday on Saturday. Her choice of places to go is Red River, New Mexico for the weekend. We have plans to eat at the Sundance restraunt on the night of her birthday.

Also in the plans is to do the river rafting thing over by Taos. We have done this before years ago in Colorado. Very enjoyable to do if you never have.

When we started making plans for this trip, we were going to take our Kawasaki Mule up and ride through the National Forest there. Due to drought, they have shut the forest down to ATV traffic for now. That knocked those plans out.

Probably the most important part of the trip is to just get away from the heat here. We have been running in the triple digits for so long I can't remember the last cool day we had. In Red River, they are avergaging around 80 for highs and upper 40's at night.

Her 82 year old father and 78 year old mother will be making the trip with us as well. Along with them, we are meeting a couple from Austin there to share this experience. If you look in my gallery, we have some pics of Jason(from Austin) at the helm of the Bennington earlier this summer.

Why ramble on about this on a forum you say? Well, I just want everyone to know they can talk about me while I am gone. As long as you say nice things. :D :D :D

Have a good weekend everyone.

Well, i for one am very jealous! Sounds like it will be a nice break, you all have a good time, post some pics when you get back! We'll try to keep the trash talk to a minimum :lol:

I'm incredibly jealous! Weather sounds like a nice break from this hot misery we have now.

AMR,

Happy birthday to her! Hope you get mad "brownie points" for your thoughtfulness. Enjoy!

Sounds like a great birthday weekend. Enjoy!!

Back