Overall height

Khartmanrph

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find the overall height in the water for bridge clearance ? 2019 sx23. We spend a lot of time dropping Bimini and stern light (not electric) to ensure clearance or waiting for a low bridge to be opened.

I hate to say but I would think it would be different depending on your circumstances. How many people you have on board, are the sitting fore or aft, how much weight you have on board (1 or 2 full coolers ect), and so on. Best bet is to load it as you usually would and get out the old tape measure then measure from the water line to the highest point and use that as a guide. Good luck!

Thanks! I’m only looking for general guidance thought maybe they’d have a standard height on ground and we could obviously adjust for weight and other variables. Guess I’ll measure water to rail then rail to top of Bimini.

Thanks! I’m only looking for general guidance thought maybe they’d have a standard height on ground and we could obviously adjust for weight and other variables. Guess I’ll measure water to rail then rail to top of Bimini.
Keep in mind water to rail in the back may be lower than the front due to motor size and how much gas is on board. I would measure the front tied to the dock and the load it up with your usual amount of people, coolers, ect and see if it changes. If all the weight is in the back it might get taller. If you put the Bimini down in trailer position I wouldn’t think that would change much. We have some very low bridges too and I haven’t been daring enough to try it.

Just putting this related consideration out to others in the future as it isn’t helpful to the OP.

I think for those that will regularly navigate low bridges should lean into considering an electric bimini when they order/buy their Bennington. We have one, and no bridges, and we love it. If I had to navigate low bridges, it would be on my “must have” short list for sure.

Heck, even without any bridges, I’d probably never get a Bennington without it after having had it these past 5 years. It just makes the entire bimini operation so simple. One of my more liked and used options.

Back