Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

Owner's Manuals

Discussion in 'Technical Stuff' started by Team Bennington, Jul 6, 2011.

1. AlexW

AlexW Active Member

I disagree.  There are dozens of other types of vehicles and equipment with more options than Bennington that put out good manuals.  A lot of them just cover the options with a "if equipped."

2. Stowaway

Stowaway Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me the size of the fuel tank (rear quarter mount) on a 2008 2274GL? Was unable to access any info on Bennington website.

Thanks

3. Link

Link Moderator

4. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr Active Member

I completely agree. Bennington should have a detailed manual that shows info on all options and configs. It would not be unreasonable to have one for each line (S, R, G, etc) and have it inclusive of all options just like cars.  Having the dealer explain stuff during delivery is great. But what if you want to look it up 6 momths later or the following season.  Or the new owner if you sell.  These dont change that much year to year were it would be hard to update.   

My 2 cents

5. SEMPERFI8387

SEMPERFI8387 Moderator

Truth be known, I deal with some marketing within our company, and printing is very expensive and wasteful. To print something, then toss it and print something else due to some changes is like taking money out of your pocket and burning it. I would agree that there could be some better info provided (especially web based), but on the same token, there are so many options and changes during the year it's literally impossible to keep printing hard copy "updates".

The individuals on this forum can probably answer most if not any question when it comes to a Bennington. First and foremost, it's the dealers responsibility (and yours to make sure they do it) to go over every square inch of the boat and inspect, explain and test every component. Now we all know not every dealer does it, and some to the point of dissatisfaction to the buyer. Hopefully, that is where we come in and can help answer any questions.  :)

6. Remediation

Remediation Well-Known Member

Lake Cumberland KY - White Oak Community Dock
    Jill's convertible and dad's Caddy came with a web address for the owners manual.  It works.  I spent 2 minutes yesterday getting the specs for her brake fluid and didn't need the car.