Panel Accent

Jack M

Reaction score
I know this is going to sound stupid ,but has any ever painted their panels ? I have also seen after market vinyl graphics .Is there something that can be trimmed to fit between the rails ?

With the color I ordered ( Crimson Red ) the only accent available is " Champagne "

I would have liked black accent. So I went with no accent .

Please don't tell me the factory would have done it , they would not even do dual batteries when the dealer called . ( I was present when the call was made ) .

The dealer is installing my dual batteries .

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
PDX Hosedragger
I feel your pain, the factory is extremely overwhelmed... My boat was practically kicked out of Bennington half naked, my dealer is picking up the pieces.

jsfb6pts, a good auto painter can do what ever you have in mind, and a good sign/graphics shop can make whatever you want as well. I think the vinyl is probably your best bet.

As far as i know, the factory does install dual the battery set up, as long as it was ordered that way before

the boat was put into production. They really can't stop and go back to make changes after it has gone so far on the production line.

Floater, you know you can't just post up something like that without giving us more details! What happend? Where changes made after the order was finalized?

oh sorry.... Basically huge story short, it's a custom boat, support from Benny was limited to a capped # of man hours, once exceeded they ended the customization process and left the rest for my dealer to deal with. Boat was delivered to the dealer missing items (10 panels, etc) for a timely completion, which was supposed to be last Tuesday. All of which were to be installed at the dealer b/c Benny is not able to accommodate a "custom" boat. Even after sending Benny pics of what needed to be sent to us, they still lacked a panel, which we are waiting for. A 6"X8" scuff on port toon, where it looks like they used fine steel wool to blend out a scratch. Unacceptable. Overlapping snap-in carpet in center aisle, causing a tripping hazard, should have never left factory floor like that..... And a problem with the keels... Best product out there, but their level of support and execution are weak.

WOW. What did you do that is custom?

Yes I'm intrigued as well. Oh, and jsfb6pts, they would have done the panel, did you ask when ordering it? Off Call's boat isn't 'technically' offered. I'm wondering if the order had already been placed and an attempt to change, then no, they would have material to do what was ordered. let us know.

Wow, floater, i am suprised you even got that far, it was my understanding that Bennington does not do custom boats period.

There must be a bit more to this story, and your dealer agreed to do it this way (personally, i think they would be crazy to do so) then i'm not sure you have a lot of room for complaint, other than with the dealer. But that's just my opinion.

I hope you do get it sorted out, and i hope you enjoy your boat when it is all said and done. :)

Custom paint colors are offered. Another Club member posted pictures of his black and red boat a while back. Dual battery set-ups depend upon the boat model.

Floater, TB is sorry to hear that you feel we dropped the ball. Having been at this many years, it sounds like there may be more to the story. A personal message to us with your dealer name and boat model would be helpful so we can get the complete story. Not comfortable with your post as-is. Thanks, TB

Sounds like Bennington was damned if they do/damned if they don't in this situation. You went in knowing there was a cap on the hours, now when they reach the cap., its somehow their fault when the boats not complete. I can see Bennington just saying no in the future to one-offs as you see what it does to their reputation, even though they maintained there end of the deal. (Other than possibly dealing with the missing parts) Of course, now if they say no to customs, they are not "customer oriented". See my point, for them it's a no win situation. If I were them, I'd just stop offering one off customs altogether. Panel colors and stuff like that don't count.

Also, I see many complaints that "Bennington would not do" on certain models, mainly the S series. THIS IS THEIR BASIC SERIES, so to keep costs down, it's a not a lot of frills model. If you want all kinds of gadgets, you have to step up to the G. These are no different than car models, so why do people treat the option availabilities as such? I would say, Bennington probably offers the most styles, sizes, color options, layouts of ANY pontoon company out there, and in every budget range.

Well luckily you aren't them!! Cuz when I win the lottery we are gonna be ordering a crazy custom boat!! It'll have TWO towers and 20 speakers and 4 pontoons and an air ride seat and twin 7 Marine engines on the back with the command center monitor like on the wakeboarding boats and what the heck, might as well make the pontoons act as ballasts so we can fill'em up to make a real wake for wake boarding, and a built in HD camera into the tower that is hardwired to a removable hard drive so you can always capture that perfect wipeout, I mean when you land the inverted 360 wake jump, and a change room. Hehe

Actually, if I win the lottery, you will get that boat, because I would become an investor in Bennington, and a requirement of my investment would be my position in a supervisory position in QA and R&D review ...... And I would get a company boat ....screw a company car !!!!

No Comment .I know what I heard on the speakerphone ,when we asked about the dual battery .

No Comment .I know what I heard on the speakerphone ,when we asked about the dual battery .
I want to hear your comment, sorry,I went off on one of my little rants, but my question to you was WHEN did you ask for the panel change? At time of original order? Or after the order had been placed?

I never asked for a change ,I only went by the ' build a boat " option

I am starting to think my dealer is not what I thought .

Jsfb6pts, I would take a good look at your dealer!! My boat was custom black with red panels and a red tower and black bimini. Take a look at my gallery. No questions asked! Bennington did a fantastic job. My only issue is one of my speakers does not light up!! Not a big deal minor issue.

I did get pretty far with the whole customization thing, I didn't think it was very complicated (in my head) but guess when ya throw in 7999 other boats in the production mix, things can get jumbled up. The custom work, moving furniture, changing out rails etc was flawless (mostly CAD stuff anyways) and they even found a fix or two along the way, that I was going to have to solve after delivery, which was a surprise. But also figured a custom boat was just that, and I would pay accordingly for it. I also had an interesting phone call similar to jsfb6pts, basically I was told to get lost.... The benefits of arrogance can only last so long before being realized by those perceived to be underneath. Anyways, I basically made a G out of an S by loading up the options, and a fisher (without the fighting chairs) out of a lounger. I wanted the S to keep the power/ weight ratio high (and other center of gravity reasons), the other models weigh more (for lots of good and neat reasons) but require more hp to get it moving.... With the smaller lakes around here and the planned surfing and wake boarding, the whole shot is desirable to me. I'm excited for the boat, and am waiting patiently for its arrival, and will provide pics. And I agree, Bennington DOES put out the most diverse and radical layouts out there. But I also believe a pontoon boat can be much more customizable than a car, for it is a waaay more simpler vehicle (and a larger platform to tinker with).....

jsfb6pts, a good auto painter can do what ever you have in mind, and a good sign/graphics shop can make whatever you want as well. I think the vinyl is probably your best bet.

As far as i know, the factory does install dual the battery set up, as long as it was ordered that way before

the boat was put into production. They really can't stop and go back to make changes after it has gone so far on the production line.

Floater, you know you can't just post up something like that without giving us more details! What happend? Where changes made after the order was finalized?
Actually ,it was asked for at the same time the order was placed ,and declined .no big deal the dealer is installing it

Yes I'm intrigued as well. Oh, and jsfb6pts, they would have done the panel, did you ask when ordering it? Off Call's boat isn't 'technically' offered. I'm wondering if the order had already been placed and an attempt to change, then no, they would have material to do what was ordered. let us know.
I did not ask for the paint when the order was placed .If they weren't going to do the dual batteries ,I wasn't going to bother them with custom paint .

I can live without a stripe .

I want to hear your comment, sorry,I went off on one of my little rants, but my question to you was WHEN did you ask for the panel change? At time of original order? Or after the order had been placed?
When my second order was placed it was right after the boat show season ,and the factory was and probably still is very busy .

Back