Perma plate, is it worth it?

Mjlawson

Reaction score
Dealer wanted to know if we want our Pontoon treated with Perma Plate that would cover the carpet and upholstery on stains an UV. Said it was $589. Any of you guys have it and is it worth it or is it just like the furniture guys with the scotch guard and a waste of money and extra $ in their pocket. Plan on keeping the cover on when not in use so don't see it being a big benefit.

Thanks

I had perma plate on my last pontoon,  did not put it on my current one, never really noticed any difference, so I would say save your money. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Save yourself some money "303 products" will do the job Amazon.com or Ebay. The carpet should have stain resistance, keep the cushions covered with 303 and don't get lazy. COVER THE BOAT AFTER EACH USE.

That sounds like one of those BS add-ons from the car dealer where they charge you $500 to put $20 worth of chemical on. I second what the other guys have said. 

That sounds like one of those BS add-ons from the car dealer where they charge you $500 to put $20 worth of chemical on. I second what the other guys have said. 
Yes this ^^^, known as "pack" in the car business.

Back section is vinyl w the fishing station and rest is carpet. Thanks for the info guys, this place is a great resource!!! I will check out the 303 fabric guard - do you guys recommend a cleaner for the seats, does 303 have one? Pick her up on Sat but have to wait a couple of months for soft water up here in MN :(

Back