Perseid Meteor Shower starts tonight

Kermo75

Reaction score
Hope everyone is having a great boating summer.  I am a huge fan of meteor showers and I get excited whenever I can find a great place to view them.  Thinking of taking the boat out a few hours before dawn and watching the show if the cloud coverage is clear.  Can't think of a better low light open sky situation.  Has anyone done this?

We usually hit the various showers throughout the year, although in the hot tub not the boat.  Its good timing this year as we will be at Norris lake in Tn as of Sat. Hope they last that long, also have new underwater LEDs to try out.  Now, if the weather holds out.

yup,  spent all night in a secluded section of the lake last year...supposed to be even better this year. 

Anchor it, lay down and look up...even turned the anchor light off temporarily for a bit until I heard another engine which was only once or twice all night.

Only part that wasn't fun was being covered in dew come morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clouds rolled in last night, this morming however i saw about 20.  About 5:30-5:45 caught quite a few split second ones and a couple of longer ones.  Also a nice satellite haulin butt eastbound.  Of course then I had to go to work, got to pay to play.  Is that your sunflower field?

Rained 7" last night at my house... no star gazing for me...:(

Solid cloud cover two nites and steady rain last nite. No viewing here. Too bad. We have watched them before but this was supposed to be the best in a while. 

Clouds rolled in last night, this morming however i saw about 20.  About 5:30-5:45 caught quite a few split second ones and a couple of longer ones.  Also a nice satellite haulin butt eastbound.  Of course then I had to go to work, got to pay to play.  Is that your sunflower field?

Ah, your lucky, we only saw 4....it was really cloudy.  So much that we didn't take the boat out on the water.

No, the sunflower field is at Patoka Lake State Park.  We just had lucky timing to get those shots.  The next week, they were drying up.

Back