Pillow Top Upholstery

ILLINOIS AVE

Reaction score
Pillow Top Upholstery LXS upgrade with the speakers and two cup holders mounted in bow seats. Pros or Cons? Thanks!

My speakers are mounted near the floor. The problem I see with having them mounted high on the seats is that they can become blocked when you have folks sitting in front of them. Like most things, it’s a matter of preference.

Ive had 2 with and 2 without pillow top . We think pillow top looks better and is more comfortable . I cant give you a comparison on cleaning , the 2 without, were the previous furniture material the 2 with are the simtex .

My speakers are mounted near the floor. The problem I see with having them mounted high on the seats is that they can become blocked when you have folks sitting in front of them. Like most things, it’s a matter of preference.
My thought also and getting cups, cans, or bottles out of holders.

My thought also and getting cups, cans, or bottles out of holders.
Agreed, but I’ve never had a boat with them recessed like that, so I can’t speak from experience. However, maybe having the pillow top outweighs all that. As with most things, pluses and minuses.

Not all pillow top has recessed speakers and cup holders.

Pillowtop: When we bought our Benny, they had two L models - one with the pillow top, one without. The difference, in our opinion, was huge and worth the budget stretch. Mostly based on comfort, but it also looked more luxuries.

Regarding the cubholders - I assume you are referencing the cut-out section, which is an upgrade / option (at least when we purchased). We love this feature (though tall cups / thermal cups are generally too tall - great place for kid's cell phones and suncreen) and yes while when people are sitting in front of it the sound is reduced - but has not been an issue for us. I would think the Cutout would loose less sound that the standard speaker location.

Interestingly, as I review the current Gallery on the L Models - the LX does not show any speakers up front nor the cutout option, and the L model shows cupholders built into the bench and speakers on the seat back set back maybe an inch or two. So I went further into the build option - the LX is standard with the Sport Upholstery, you can opt for the Pillowtop for no charge - BUT not cutout option. The L Model the Pillowtop is a $1,650 upgrade, and both uppholstery options have cutouts. 80% on standard (but appears more of a recessed that cutout), 20% on Pillowtop. I assume the LX must have speakers up front, and probably similar to the R model in their own cutout with the pillowtop? But, just not clear.

I did not cross check this with the Catalog - but I assume the lack of a cutout option on the LX model has to be an error - history has shown there are a LOT of options that are available but not properly reflected in the companies build and price website. Advantage of spending time on your build, betting advice, and then asking the dealer!!

Last edited:
Back