Playpen Cover and Bad Batch of Vinyl

Ruger25

Reaction score
Well this is the 5th year that I will have to use my warranty to have the "Bad Batch of Vinyl" replaced in my 2008 2575RLI. Bennington...we live in AZ and I have a Black Heavy Canvas Playpen Cover that came with the boat. All you have to do is replace the cover for me in a lighter color and lighter material and you will most likely not have to replace our entire seating system year after year. 

Or Maybe a new boat?? 

Well at least the warranty is still active...

ArizSteve, that's not a real good description of the problem you are having. What is the cover doing to your vinyl?

And, not to be rude, but if you know there is a problem with your nearly 7 year old cover, why don't you just replace it and be done with the problem?

You are right Jeff. I'll just buy a new cover and the problems will be over. I've already paid 60K for the boat that came with a cover that is not working out for the past 5 years.. but ya it's ok I'll just go buy another 400 custom cover for the 60k boat. Yes Jeff that is what i will do. 

I guess if the paint on your 60K car starts to fade its your fault for not having the proper cover right? No its poor manufacturing. 

I'll be contacting Bennington in the morning as they now are blaming it on the my method of conditioning. I only do what the mfg recommends. 

I am at the end of the rope here. 

For $400. TO PROTECT MY $60k BOAT BECAUSE I THINK THE MFG. HAS GIVEN ME SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T DO THE JOB. I'D SPEND THE MONEY. YOUR  ATTITUDE IS STARTING TO SHOW THROUGH WITH YOUR REMARKS TO JEFF. GUESS YOUR THE TYPE THAT WILL ALWAYS BLAME THE OTHER GUY. LUCK IN YOUR WORLD.

Well ArizSteve, i'm glad you responded to the second half of my post, how about you respond to the first part?

You have not given any description of your problem, just complained about it. As for the bad batch of vinyl, your statements do not make any sense, if the furniture has been replaced, then the "bad" vinyl is gone.

Now if you explain to us what has happend, like perhaps the dye is leaching out of your cover, staining the vinyl, then we could have a meaningful conversation about your problem, and perhaps suggest some sort of solution.

How are you treating your cover? Are you using 303 products on it? Some other product?

And, if i left my 60k car out in the blazing sun, without proper care, and after 6 or 7 years the paint started to fade, or the interior colors faded, i would not blame the manufacturer, i would blame me for not taking proper care of it.

Back