Playpen cover bow buttons

Roo Raft

Reaction score
One of my bow port buttons got a little pinched and i need to take it out and replace it with a new one.  Does any one know how these bow buttons that snap into the playpen cover are attached to the frame of the boat?   Does it screw in and out? If could not feel anything on the inside edge of where the button would be.  Thank you!!

The male side of the snap is held on by a stainless screw. You can pick up replacements at a big box hardware store.

Those are it.  I bought some a while back from Theisens.  Don't lose your screw!  You'll want to re-use that.

If I remember right, replacement snaps come in different sizes that are fairly close together in size, so you may want to take the old one in with you.

I lost one of my front ones once too, which are pretty critical to have working when you are on the highway.  To get me by until I could find replacements, I swapped it out with one of the less important snaps at the back of the boat.  Then I replaced that one when I had the time.  Just a quick tip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check at your dealer if possible, they should have them in stock. 

Yep when I took delivery they forgot to put the whole back corner on so I could not button down the playpen cover. Bennington sent me a box of them and they are just a self tapper Phillips head with the male snap side. I bet the dealer has them as mentioned above.

The service guy at my dealer just gave me a couple when I explained what I needed/was doing. 

Just a helpful hint on the snaps.  Buy cheap chap stick from the dollar store - perfect size.  Cover each male with chapstick.  This will make removing the cover very easy and not pull on the fabric.  We do it several times over the summer and just before we close up the toon for the winter.

Back