Playpen Cover Clips

Tozyp

Reaction score
I just noticed that there are 2 plastic female clips on top of my playpen cover towards the stern. Can't figure out what purpose they serve. You can see the port side clip directly under the bimini in this photo. Thanks for all the help!

There should be a nylon strap that came with it, it attaches to one, goes OVER the bimini and into the other. It just helps to keep water pooling up there.

Yup, what Derrick said.

Why don't dealers tell the new owners about this strap?

Honestly, I wonder how many actually know what they are for.

At my dealer ,the boats that are stored outside ,they are using them .That is how I knew .

TB, please send a memo to your dealer network. ;)

I never learned until after I traded in my first one, and the second one didn't have any straps or clips. Guess we'll see what the third one has!

My dealer did an orientation when we picked ours up. We went out on a local lake where the sales manager went over the the features and operation of the boat, including setting the trim and loading and unloading onto the trailer. When we returned to the dealership, we went over the motor and and the outside of the boat. Then he helped us put the playpen cover on and how to attach the strap. Even though this was our 4th boat they made sure we were familiar with the boats features.

Seems like they way it should be done.

Roy

Roy,

I think that's how it's "supposed" to be done, it seems as though some dealers may push through too quick. Even though I owned another "small" pontoon, and knew almost everything about my Benni when I bought it, my dealer still made us go down a checklist and ensure we knew everything on the checklist. They were extremely thorough.

Same here, never informed by the dealer but thanks to this forum use it now

Same here, learned it in the forum.

Back