Playpen Cover Tricks and Tips?

I took the plunge and spent $1800 to purchase individual covers. Best investment I made. In fact, I think this should be a factory option at time of order.

Just wondering if anyone has ever found an entire boat cover with elastic all the way around it.  Trying to find an easier solution for covering the pontoon in the boathouse with the minimum of snapping and working from the outside to cover my 2575.  Maybe  a lighter weight  cover than the original playpen cover. I can lift my pontoon very high to the boathouse ceiling, something just to keep the bugs and spiders off.  Gerry

When the dock boys put our boat away, I have them only snap every 10th snap or so, just enough to keep bird droppings off. Would something like that work?

I can do the cover in less than 10 minutes. When I take it off, I first unsnap all snaps then start from the stern I fold from starboard to port I then pull the poles and fold again. From the stern I roll to the bow. When I put it back on I roll from the front on the port side all the way back unfold across the back & snap then working forward as the wife snaps some on the port she works over to the starboard working forward I turn the helm seat so that it faces to the starboard put in the back pole and work forward putting in the poles as I go. No crawling under. You have to use those straps on the back to prevent rain from collecting. The cover is thin there and if you don't have straps reinforcement material can be sewed in for strength. I can do this alone as well It does mean getting off a couple of time to do the snaps. Ads about 3 minutes

Be sure to lube the snaps with "Snap-Stick"  makes them a one finger push to lock. I finally went with individual covers. Custom made $2600.

Thanks for the help folks.  Going with Bigjacks lead on the National Boat covers.  Will be in in about 10 days.  Seems like it best answers what I THINK I am looking for.   P.S. That snap lube does really help.   Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
If you keep your boat in the water, many of these recommendation to simplify attaching the playpen cover may not work. Besides, what part of a pleasurable boating experience involves crawling around the deck on your knees, typically at the end of a hot day? Bite the bullet and have separate covers made for chairs, lounge, helm, etc. I have four that cover everything but the deck.The vinyl on my 08 2275GL is in showroom condition and the deck, which I regularly hose down and  wash occasionally, shows no wear. In any event, good luck!

Only takes me 60 seconds to crawl around pop my poles in at end of day.

Now if I had a vinyl floor, I'd go that route (covers) but with carpet, it's not a choice if we want to keep it looking new.

Back