Playpen RCW

Well Shipmates, The project finally got done. I am very pleased with the cover modification. Dallas Canvas did a factory job. I guess they had connections on getting the factory material. The boat is on a lift so my long arms had no problem reaching the snaps near the motor. The ladder and flag reinforcement also installed. Cover just snugs to the engine, If you use your tilt during storage have your shop allow  enough fabric. The day after this install mother nature dumped her Lake filling eyes , no issues. I will be using 303 Fabric Protector on this great cover now. $575 total price, well worth it to me.

Best Regards

Joe

Joe ,Do you have any Pics . I am giving this some serious though .

My dealer has their own canvas shop and I am thinking I could get done before delivery .

Thanks 

Jack

Saw the pics ,Joe .Thanks .Looks they did a good job .

We are at a marina ,and now I  wonder how I would get the snaps done in the back .

I have to study the pics ,they are a big help for me .

Thanks Again.

My boat is on a lift, so reaching across was a little bit of a stretch. What I was going to try next weekend is ,,, try to manage the installation from the back first,moving forward.  Place the bulk of the cover in between the   lounge chairs pointing towards the front. (I roll my cover inward to the center line of the boat when removing)

Kneeling on the rear deck attach the snaps on each side of the engine,(Don't fall in the lake!!) You may have to step on the cover slightly,(Clean shoes, clean feet!!)  Unroll the cover over the lounge rails,Kneeling on the seats, maybe even snap a few along both sides, as you back up towards the Bow, One has to get around the table and on ours we have the 2 side chairs up front port side, so the cover will find its way to the front bow.

The reason I shared this information. I did it from bow to stern last weekend and that fabric and snaps were very snug once I got to the back of the boat.  (Newness of the new section I guess)

I am jazzed that I added this to the cover. 

Regards

That may or may not work with ours since we ordered the Bow Gate Seat ( unless I remove it everyday ) .

Most likely wont get it done until I can see it in the slip .

Thanks for your help .

Back