Please help with colours and options

Renegade34

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for input on colors for a 23 SSBXP swingback. I'm trying to decide between granite with black, black with granite, granite with champagne, or black with champagne. It's going to have the blackout package. What do you guys think looks better? I can't decide.The Interior will be either sandstone with carbon accent or sandstone with driftwood accent. I'm open for suggestions though.

Here's the build (so far, lol) :

-pillowtop diamond pressed upholstery with 20% cut out

-panel colour- zebrawood slate

-flooring- slate vinyl teak

-blackout package

-curved bimini

-black heavy duty rub rail (included in blackout pkg)

-stainless docking lights (included in blackout pkg)

-175hp four stroke (not sure which one yet)

--SPS package

-in floor storage

-Illuminated speakers

-Kicker KMC10 Stereo upgrade

-RGB toe kick lighting

-RGB cup holder lighting

-Stereo remote for swingback

-Striker 4 fish finder

-Stainless swingback keeper rail

-Steering wheel upgrade (piano black)

-elevated helm

-Trapezoid table

-dual batteries

-ski tow bar

-pop up cleats front and back

-live well insert

-bow gate seat

-sharkhide

-still debating on RGB side illumination

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on colours or options. I want to make sure to do it right this time around :) Normally for my use I'd go with the 150hp but in my particular situation I have to add sea legs so I'm hoping the extra 25 ponies will make up for any losses from the weight of the legs.

granite w champagne.jpg

black w granite.jpg

granite w black.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not even going here :blink:  ...... I had like 10 choices to vote from on ours and then went Matador Red/Blackout which wasn't even a choice .....  :lol:

But if I did choose, I like Black w/Champagne accent. 

Black with the charcoal accent! But I may be bias! ;)  

Best of luck in your color quest. Add as much HP as can afford now, you'll be happy you did!

Go with white and the blackout.

Thanks for the replies! I keep flip flopping on which one I like best. Lol. I do like the granite color so maybe better to have more of it on the boat and then the black for the accent. Does anybody on here have these combinations that could post a picture of it? I'd greatly appreciate it!

/gallery/album_224/gallery_1431_224_131343.jpg/gallery/album_224/gallery_1431_224_19557.jpg

We went with the Smokey Grey (granite) with black accent strip with a blackout package on our 2017 24' SXP Swingback.  We think it looks great!  That said there are SO MANY great color combinations.  

Here are picks of ours to see the Grey/Black/Blackout color combination on a real boat instead of just the boat creator view:

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

By going with the Smokey grey as the base color, the black accent strip and Blackout package really stand out and "pop".

That's one sick ride Vikingstaff!!

Awesome looking boats guys!! I think you may have me sold on the granite with black accent. I really like it!

I found a pic of a granite with the champagne accent and blackout package. I think it looks really good too.

granite with champagne.jpg

SIDE ILLUMINATION IS A MUST HAVE!!!!  Granite with black accent looks sweet....  How about an Arch??

I really want the side illumination as well but to stay somewhat in budget I think I can add this myself down the road.

On the online builder arches aren't available until you get to the G series. I do like them though.

You honestly cannot go wrong with the color combinations you are considering.  Every one of them looks fantastic!  

We have the exterior side illumination, but realistically its not like we see it when its on, so it would be easy to save $ on and add later.  

We do like all the interior RGB lighting. Our kids thank it is really cool.  However, we rarely have used it because we haven't done as much evening/night boating.

I think for the cost, the fancy lighting options should be considered against one's expected use: will or wont we do much evening boating?

I know but the rgb lighting looks so cool! Lol. I'm waiting on a price from the local dealer so we'll see what that looks like next week. If it comes in too high I might give up all the lighting entirely and add my own later. As a hobby I install custom sound systems, remote starters, ect. so I could do it fairly easy. My last few boats didn't have the underskinning so wiring was a breeze but probably a bit tougher with the bottom sheeted in. It would be an easier decision if they didn't charge so much for the lighting. I was playing around on the Harris website boat builder and the options were way less. I think the blackout package on the Harris was about $1000 compared to $3000 on the Bennys <_<

Did you try getting in touch with my folks at West Hawk?

Not yet. Didn't see any swingbacks on their website but I'll call them tomorrow. It wouldn't be much further for me anyways. My closest "local" dealer is 3.5 hours away so I'm driving regardless. I'm just looking for the best deal.

Thanks for the info Derrick!

Not yet. Didn't see any swingbacks on their website but I'll call them tomorrow. It wouldn't be much further for me anyways. My closest "local" dealer is 3.5 hours away so I'm driving regardless. I'm just looking for the best deal.

Thanks for the info Derrick!

Yes, I'm about 5.5 hours away from them, they've been great and met me in Winnipeg when I've traded in or picked up my boats.

I'd ditch the SB and go with a Red 2014 2275RCW w/Sport Tower ESP, and a kickin' sound system. But that's just me. ;)

Back