pnew pontoon

bonusbaby

Reaction score
Looking to go from runabout to pontoon, this is all new to me. Looking for performance and comfort. We

are on a lake that gets rough.

Been looking at a few different pontoons. The 2575 RCW i/o is standing out, 5.7 300hp volvo dp. how sill this perform?

Welcome to the party Rob. I can't help you with your question but I'm sure someone will chime in. I've only had outboards because you (or the majority) don't have to winterize an outboard. Where do you boat? Any boat you pick from Bennington will be a winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a member that just bought a 2008 2575 RCW with that motor and outdrive. I don't think he has got it in the water yet. Our boat is the same model/year with the Mercrusier 300 hp I/O single prop. We get 38 MPH top speed. The dual prop is fabulous on a pontoon. You will probably be over 40 MPH top end. You will not be the fastest but you will load the boat up and it will have the power to keep things fun. Top speed on a toon is not the most important issue. Having the power to haul lots of people and tons of gear in a very comfortable boat is why you buy a pontoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonusbaby,

Our first Bennington was a 2006 Bennington 22ft tritoon 2275 GL IO

Volvo Penta SX drive 5.0 Liter GXI Fuel Injected 270 HP (Chevy), Center Pontoon fuel tank.

Performance lifting stakes all 3 pontoons. The boat topped out at 47mph (gps). was a very nice riding boat & great performance for a heavy pontoon (over 4,000lbs). My only complaint was that it was a thirsty engine setup! Guess that's why it came with a 62 gallon center fuel tank!

You can't go wrong with a Bennington, a great quality boat; built to last!

RiverBill

Back