Polishing side panels???

tbarile

Reaction score
I have a 2010 2554 GCW and the bumpers that I was using left very strange marks on the port side panels.  I tried every spray in the world this past spring trying to remove them to no avail.  I've found the only way to remove is to you a polishing compound, unfortunately it leaves the panel with a dull finish.  I tried using a different wax that was less abrasive but it's still dull.  Any suggestions out there on how to get these black panels looking new again?  I'm extremely anal about my boats and this is killing me.

Did you try LAs Totally Awesome from Dollar General?

You will need to use a finer polishing compound to get the dull finish back up to a glossy shine. Try 3M Finesse It polishing compound. That is what i use for the final finish on car paint. Try it on a small area first, just to be sure it doesn't react with any decals or the paint.

Work the area too much and you'll be at bear medal I'm sure that the finish isn't to thick. Why are the fenders up so high that they're rest on the panel? When I set mine they are on the toons.

Work the area too much and you'll be at bear medal I'm sure that the finish isn't to thick. Why are the fenders up so high that they're rest on the panel? When I set mine they are on the toons.
Good question.  The pontoon was docked next to a shorestation boat lift and I only had about 10" of space between dock and lift.  I placed the bumpers on the cross section of boat lift so pontoon wouldn't hit metal.

Back