Poly lift setup for new tritoon

M Nester

Reaction score
In the process of purchasing a sxp23 ssrcxp. We have a poly lift that is setup for a v bottom boat. I need to know how far apart the bunks need to be and how long. The slip is 10' by 28'

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 65
I measured mine once and now it slips my mind. Can you get at the boat to measure ? I'm sure one of the members will chime in. This should be an easy one to solve.

Keel to keel is 77”. Length depends on the model.

You look to have the same hydrohoist lift that I had for my Rendezvous deck boat. I also had a 28 x 10 ft slip and my lift guy did not recommend I use the same hydrohoist lift for my new Q25 Benny. A deck boat and deep V are obviously more tapered and those side arms that come up above the floats don't come into play. A pontoon is not tapered and those raised side arms are a problem. The bunks have to be raised significantly so the toons don't hit those side arms and he was uncomfortable raising the bunks that high off the floats. He recommended a new lift, and I was able to find a newer model used hydrohoist lift with poly tanks. It has worked out perfectly. I will say the 10 foot wide slip is a tight fit for the new Benny and will take some practice docking. Would be much nicer if I had an 11 or 12 ft wide slip!

IMG_20180321_142319412_TOP1.jpg IMG_20180321_142319412_TOP1.jpg

Here is picture of my new Hydrohoist lift without the side arms. As you can see, it is a tight fit in the 10 ft wide slip, and you can see how those raised side arms on your lift may be in the way and force you to raise the bunks pretty high off the floats/tanks. Then again, your water may not be as rough as my lake and the higher bunks may not be a problem. Just a heads up. Good luck!

Don't know why the picture printed twice???

Also, I recommend the 2 large corner bumpers you can see on the entrance to the slip. I already but the first scratches on one of my toons the first weekend we had the boat :( from the metal frames under the dock decking before installing the 2 x 12s along with the corner bumpers. I can see your dock and frames are very similar to mine. I plan on lining the slip with some cruiser cushions as well this weekend. Just a heads up so you can learn from my mistake/stupidity. That's what is great about this forum.

Thanks for all the helpful info. The poly lift guys seem to think the lift will work out ok. We are in the back of the cove across from Big Dicks Halfway Inn so we hardly get any wake at all. I am definitely going to be putting those corner bumpers on tho!

Last edited:
And yes I deferred to pay the money and have Poly do all of the work to the lift! Wasn't confident in my lift prep skills!
Good choice to let the professionals do the lift work. Here are the pictures of the Cruiser Cushions I lined my slip with this last weekend. No more scratched toons for me!

Attachments

• IMG_0714.JPG
    IMG_0714.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0715.PNG
    IMG_0715.PNG
    85.7 KB · Views: 49
Thanks for all the helpful info. The poly lift guys seem to think the lift will work out ok. We are in the back of the cove across from Big Dicks Halway Inn so we hardly get any wake at all. I am definitely going to be putting those corner bumpers on tho!
Didn't realize you were on LOTO as well. Quite a distance from me, however. I'm on the Gravois arm, only about 44 miles from Big Dick's Halfway Inn. (For you others out there, Big Dick's is a great bar and eatery and is located halfway between the Bagnall and Truman Dams, thus its namesake.)

How did you mount the 2x12's to the sides of the dock frame? I'm thinking maybe I should do it as well..

How did you mount the 2x12's to the sides of the dock frame? I'm thinking maybe I should do it as well..
Had my dock guy put those on when he was doing some other work for me on the dock. I then bolted the corner bumpers on and attached the cruiser cushions with galvanized roofing nails.

Yes, your dock is very similar to mine, and you will scratch your toons with the metal frames under the dock decking, especially at the entrance to the slip. You definitely should get those corner bumpers placed on the entrance to the slip. You will not regret it. I installed mine after I stopped by a guys dock across the cove from me who had a new Benny and a narrow 10 ft slip like mine with the corner bumpers. He said it was the best thing he did to help prevent damaging his boat when docking it in his slip. My brother-in-law (who has a Premier triton, but regrets not buying a Benny, by the way) lined his slip with the 2 x 12's and cruiser cushions and did the work all by himself. He's much more handy than me, but it can be done without too much trouble if you are the least bit mechanically inclined.

I picked up the Cruiser Cushions at CWD Supply in Lake Ozark. They are in 6 ft sections made of polyethylene, which is a durable plastic, and can be cut into 24 inch sections. I bought 9 for my 10x28 ft dock, and used all of them except for one 2ft section. You may need less because you may not be able to put those on the sides where those side rails come up on your lift. They were $55 for each 6 ft section. The dock guy bought the 2x12 rubber/lumber?

Back