Pontoon Boat Now Sitting Too Low In The Back End

Once the motor is removed from the water (but not until) the corrosion starts. I know snowmobiles can recover with non invasive action but I would not wait more than a week once the internals are exposed to oxygen. Back to the original post. I once measured how much a 22 foot twin elliptical sunk in the back with the weight of two people. It was about 2 inches.

We just got our 2021 21sxsb/SPS Benny a few weeks ago. It's kept in a slip at a marina. One of the first things I noticed was how much higher the front was sitting compared to our last pontoon (sun chaser). The very front is the exact height as the dock where as my last boat was about 5" lower than the dock. I was thinking with 3 toons, it would be sitting a little more level. I walked around all of the docks at the marina and noticed all of the Bennington's were sitting the same way as mine, which made me feel better. With that said, I don't think 175 lbs extra would make much of a difference. I had my son and myself on the extended aft deck trying to learn how to put the cover on the keeper rail for the first time. That's roughly 340 lbs. I took a look over the edge to see how much lower the back end was sitting and was surprised that it wasn't even an inch lower. Keep in mind I only have a Yamaha 150 but there are 2 batteries back there as well. Good luck figuring out the problem.

Back