PONTOON-CRADLE-PAD-BUNK-GUIDE

Reaction score
Our new 2019 Bennington will be delivered this Spring. I will post pics when I get it in the water :). Our new boat is only 17' long and 8' wide (just right for my wife and I). Our lift is only 9' wide, which leaves only 6 inches on each side. My wife and I are in our 70's and docking our new boat will be a challenge for both of us. Obviously, we don't want to dent or scratch our new "Baby Benny". Wonder if anyone has any recommendations for a cradle, pad, bunk system that will automatically align the pontoon as we approach the lift so even us senior citizens won't look like idiots when trying to get the boat on the lift? Thanks!
Gary & Diane

Our new 2019 Bennington will be delivered this Spring. I will post pics when I get it in the water :). Our new boat is only 17' long and 8' wide (just right for my wife and I). Our lift is only 9' wide, which leaves only 6 inches on each side. My wife and I are in our 70's and docking our new boat will be a challenge for both of us. Obviously, we don't want to dent or scratch our new "Baby Benny". Wonder if anyone has any recommendations for a cradle, pad, bunk system that will automatically align the pontoon as we approach the lift so even us senior citizens won't look like idiots when trying to get the boat on the lift? Thanks!
Gary & Diane

Looking like an idiot it truly my speciality when getting our Bennington on the lift. :D

When we are docking it after inclement weather has moved in, my neighbor just sits on his back deck and watches (and on a few occasions has come over to assist).

We always joke about it being his entertainment for the evening. o_O

Welcome ! We have a Shorestation lift with a Toon Rail system. Shorestation Part #Ha0202. Works very well for us!

For you, I'd recommend a deck lift as this will handle your size boat without issue, and help align and bring you in. You can always get some longer boards or offset them to the rear a little to help. Our first boat and lift was like this and it worked great. Since there wasn't much wiggle room for external load guides, the bunks under the deck worked great.

For you, I'd recommend a deck lift as this will handle your size boat without issue, and help align and bring you in. You can always get some longer boards or offset them to the rear a little to help. Our first boat and lift was like this and it worked great. Since there wasn't much wiggle room for external load guides, the bunks under the deck worked great.
Looking like an idiot it truly my speciality when getting our Bennington on the lift. :D

When we are docking it after inclement weather has moved in, my neighbor just sits on his back deck and watches (and on a few occasions has come over to assist).

We always joke about it being his entertainment for the evening. o_O

I have a lot of $$ invested in my current lift (motor, solar charger, new canopy, new batteries, etc). Are you suggesting that I buy a new lift or somehow modify the existing lift?

Modify the current one. Instead of lifting from the toons with a cradle, lifting by the decking below.

Back