Pontoon Gangplank from Underneath

LarryLynn

Reaction score
I boat on the Monongahela River. When I retired from a modest job, I wanted a pontoon boat. I bought a used one three years ago and hope next year to buy a new Bennington. I have a 2000 Playbouy, 22 ft., 90 hp engine, 2-stroke. I am a disabled vet and want to take paralyzed vets on outings and fishing. I saw on you tube once where a gangway came out from under the boat to shore and people could walk or ride a wheelchair up or to or out of the boat. Is there any one out there that can help me find this type of application. Thanks, Larry :rolleyes:

Carl may be able to help out on this one, if memory serves me, i saw this topic on another forum and perhaps Carl can confirm this before i name that forum.

Whatta ya say Carl?

Oh I hope he can help. I have been trying for many, many months to find out about this after seeing one on you tube, but then the person took it down and it was private.

I've searched on both of my other forums and can't find a thing.

Thanks for looking Carl, all i found was for a sling type sit on lift, i swore i saw something for wheel chairs :(

I'll keep looking, hopefully we can come up with something!

Larry, do you have this boat in a slip or is it trailered to and from? Do you want it completely operable by persons in wheelchairs or is there always someone on board who is not wheelchair bound? Roughly how long do you think the ramp would need to be? Sorry for all the questions, i just "designed" one in my head, which I know doesn't help your situation at the moment, but it's how I think.

Well done Carl, a lot simpler than what I had designed in my head!! Haha

I thought the powered one was cool but I don't think it would work on a 3 tube.

Carl may be able to help out on this one, if memory serves me, i saw this topic on another forum and perhaps Carl can confirm this before i name that forum.

Whatta ya say Carl?
Geoffrey & Brenda.................are you talking about the "Wounded Warrior project" that was on the PDB forum??????? You remember now Carl????? Here is a link...............http://www.pontoon.n...sabled veterans

Last edited by a moderator:
:D Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for. I saw this exact same one on you tube a year and half ago, and then they took it down and called it private. I am so happy for your help. I would be the one not in a wheel chair, so I could operate it, and once landed I could help the wheelchair vets. Thank you again. What a cool bunch of people. :wub: When I get my new pontoon boat from Bennington, I'll be sure to outfit it also. Larry Phu Bai 66-67 Boat name "Driving Miss Daisy" :)

Hey Larry, I'm pretty sure you already commented on the other topic where Bennington talked about their custom floorplans in the suggestions heading, but I would definitely recommend talking to a dealer and Bennington and finding out what kind of revised floor plans they offer. I'm intrigued myself as to what they offer. I don't need it, but have talked to a few people who were interested in pontoons that were bound to a wheelchair, I mentioned that Bennington offers some custom stuff, but my closest dealer is 5 1/2 hours away, and when people hear the word 'custom' they think expensive. I still really wish Bennington would throw a couple floorplans on their main Site to create a spark to the wheelchair accessible market. Good luck, and before anyone else says it, we can't wait to see pics!!

Back