Pontoon leak

Rambling Way

Reaction score
Our beloved Bennington was 10 years old in March. Yesterday, as we headed out for a sunset cruise with our guests, the boat was sitting low and water coming over the front. My husband turned around immediately. Seems we have a small leak in the bottom of one of the pontoons at the seam. Has anyone experienced this, and what is the fix.

That that exact same issue, but leading along some faulty welds with my port pontoon performance foils back after a coupe years. Mine was warranty covered. However, the fix was having an aluminum welder drill, drain, put in a plug, and fix weld the pinhole leaks along the weld seam. Worked great. No issues since then. And the overall cost (for a boat repair) was reasonable. Had it not been covered by warranty, it still would have been very manageable - somewhere around $600-800 took care of all of it if my memory serves me right.

If you are the original owner ,contact Bennington. I'm not sure if that is considered part of the structure. It can't hurt to ask.

Welcome to the forum Rambling Way! We had a leak in our starboard pontoon in our old boat. We took it to an aluminum Tig welder for repair. Backed the boat into his shop and before I could get out of the Expedition he drilled a hole in the rear bottom of the pontoon and the water was draining out. After the water drained out he welded a threaded bung hole where the water drained out for possible future leaks. He performed a leak pressure test to see if he could find out how the water got in but never did find the source. $60 total for the repair.

Back