Pontoon swim ladder

Jimp442

Reaction score
Hey everyone my first post. I m thinking of getting rid of my oem swim ladder at the rear of my 2550rcw tritoon and installing an under-mount pullout ladder up front. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

Welcome Jim!

Any reason in particular for removing the stern ladder?

Welcome! FYI I have the Lilly pad ladder on my new boat. Worked well during the initial walk through. Easy on and off for this old man. Positive feedback from other owners. You need the extended rear deck in order to mount.

The challenge with the Lilly Pad is forever you couldn’t order it on its own. You could only get it as an option on a new boat due to the production volume and demand for it. I heard from someone there was a waiting list for those that wanted to order it to add to their existing boat. Not sure if that’s changed or not now. If it had been available when we ordered our 2017, it would have been my choice for sure.

That said, if looking to add a front ladder between the logs, why still remove the back one? Why not keep it and have options on both ends of the boat Jimp442? Do you have other plans for the aft area where the current ladder is located?

Welcome ! So 2550 RCW probably has at lest a 200 h.p. and would sit low in the back and higher in the front. Right? That would make it harder to board with a front ladder.
Yes on our QX, it's even hard to jump on the front deck because of the weight in the back. Curious to know, if he does it, how it works out.

I’ve seen some of those tuck up under the front flooring ladders and ramps. I think 6’ is often an option with them. So a lot longer than traditional rear ladders. Many models provide a lot of flexibility for beaching, angling down a fair distance, etc… If they search around, I bet they’ll find a good option for that purpose. They even make some that fit between tritoon pontoons depending on what hull someone has.

Hey everyone my first post. I m thinking of getting rid of my oem swim ladder at the rear of my 2550rcw tritoon and installing an under-mount pullout ladder up front. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jim
The pull out ladders are MUCH harder to get up on - so anyone older, injured, bad knees, tired from skiing, hurt from a tube ride, etc - will struggle to get into the boat.

The pull out ladders are MUCH harder to get up on - so anyone older, injured, bad knees, tired from skiing, hurt from a tube ride, etc - will struggle to get into the boat.

You pretty much described me, except you thankfully left out balding, overweight and a mere shadow of one's former self!

I have no issues with our pull out ladder. But I wouldn't mount one under the bow . If it were to take on a wave and disconnect from the lock , you've got a bigger issue than forgetting to pull it up in the stern.

You pretty much described me, except you thankfully left out balding, overweight and a mere shadow of one's former self!
LOl - so easy when we are writing about ourselves!

Back