Pontoon44

Mark Hansen

Reaction score
We went to Crystal lake today, it was great, I read in the forum that you should not tow with the playpen cover on, so I went without it, but on our way home the sun deck with the privacy enclosure popped up twice on the way home, and ripped the first six inches of the zipper, I was on US 31 and was going 55 mph or less, I think I should tow it with the playpen cover on, or is there some other way to keep the sun deck top secure, 

Thank you for any help !!!!

pontoon44 

Hi Mark, we were on Crystal until about 1 when the wind picked up.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Was the top in the high stowed position or low (on the stubby trailering legs)? When low, it would have kept your lid from fully opening and the changing room popping out.

Yes it was up from the day on the water, do you tow your pontoon with the playpen cover on, or just put the Bimini down on the short legs, which would make sense. Thanks for your advice, I'm new at this 

Since I only tow from Frankfort to the landing on Crystal, it's really irrelevant. No speeds over 35. Hell, I often make the trip with the top open!

But for your tow out on 31, I would for sure drop the stowed top into the trailering position.

Sorry you had to learn the hard way. I'm sure you can find someone to sew your zipper back in place.

Give me a shout when you come to Crystal again.

Back