Power anchor

It's from a company called "Quick" They are made in Italy here is a Link to their website http://www.quickitaly.com/index.asp?lng=us

Here in the US you can get them @

QUICK USA LLC

21090 Linthicum, Maryland

810 Oregon Avenue, Linthicum

Contacts:

PHILLIP SCOTT RHUDY

Tel. +1.410.768.5991

Fax +1.410.768.5995

Toll-free 877.768.5991

They are $1,150 each

I just received my new "small" box anchor. Small is relative I guess because it's pretty large. Need to weigh it but it probably doesn't weigh more than a medium mushroom type. I'll let everyone know how it works. Most all reviews really like it. Steve

Lakebum: we use box anchors on our 2575 we have 2. We use a large one that we use at the "into the wind anchor" and a smaller one we use at the rear of the boat . I see the box anchor has 3 sizes small medium and large. We use a large and medium. I can tell you with out a doubt they are the easyst anchors to set. If you know how to properly set a anchor they all hold pretty well , fork, and Navy ect they all hold real well. The box is a no brainer you just toss it and drag it a bit and it will hook on Somthing. Weeds are the only thing that will somewhat clog it and reduce its holding power but you cant go wrong the the box

Geewest, Although my box anchor is the small model it actually is the middle size. The smallest is called a "baby" box. Kind of confusing if you don't know that the small size is really the medium. Thanks for the personal review, makes me feel confidant that it will work. I am having a stainless anchor pan fabbed up to set it in. My mushroom anchors, even with the mud washed off,still dirty my carpet.

There is another electric anchor winch designed for pontoons. It is TRAC brand,model pontoon 35. It mounts on the front deck and has an optional wireless remote. If it would pull the bar on a box anchor into the guide area I would like to have one. Maybe make a bracket and mount it under the floor. Thoughts? Price is less than $150 plus $50 for the remote. Thanks, Steve

Lakebum,

If you were going to put it under the floor, wouldn't you have to mount the actual winch unit upside down? And wouldn't all kinds of water get in there? For years I have used the similar Powerwinch Deckmate 25 with wireless remote, but I can't figure out where to put on on my new SFFX. On my toon, the rails pretty much go up to the ends of the deck. The only place I can see, right now, is in front of the front gate, which then would preclude the use of that gate, not something I want to do. I did think about mounting it underneath like in GeeWest's video, but I would fear the wear and tear of water constantly being pushed into the unit. IMHO the Trac and other type units are meant to be ok in rain and splashed water, but are really meant to be kept pretty high and dry.

Lakebum,

If you were going to put it under the floor, wouldn't you have to mount the actual winch unit upside down? And wouldn't all kinds of water get in there? For years I have used the similar Powerwinch Deckmate 25 with wireless remote, but I can't figure out where to put on on my new SFFX. On my toon, the rails pretty much go up to the ends of the deck. The only place I can see, right now, is in front of the front gate, which then would preclude the use of that gate, not something I want to do. I did think about mounting it underneath like in GeeWest's video, but I would fear the wear and tear of water constantly being pushed into the unit. IMHO the Trac and other type units are meant to be ok in rain and splashed water, but are really meant to be kept pretty high and dry.
Padre, in my long quest to add a power anchor this might intrest you anchorledge.com.

Thank you Off Call! That looks like exactly what I need! Thank you again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back