Power distribution panel

JoshinMI

Reaction score
What is it and do I need it. I notice I didn't include it in my build and I'm wondering if this is a mistake I should try and correct? TIA

Potomacbassin’

Reaction score

Take a look at the 3rd picture on the Blue Star site above. I believe if you have a complex build with a lot of electronic gizmos Bennington may require the power distribution block to affix all of the electrical connections, fuses and switches. If a simpler build then perhaps not needed and could be why it was left off your build. On my build I have dual batteries and the electric power assist steering so I think it was required.

In all honestly I have no idea if this is the case, just a WAG. Might be worth asking the dealer for a picture of what this option is. For $200 it probably will come down to your personal preference on how clean the boat is wired.

JoshinMI

Reaction score
So this is what confuses me. My boat that ordered has an upgraded speakers/stereo system, the RGB lighting and the ESP with the power steering. But wasn't required? Seems strange to me.

Potomacbassin’

Reaction score
Then my initial assumption was incorrect - but I ran a build on the Bennington website and it seemed to imply it was required with the electric power steering (upgrade over hydraulic).

I would still defer to the dealer and have them explain what you are currently scheduled to get (picture preferred) vs. what the upgrade gets you. I can’t imagine that the Bennington forum would be more helpful than the actual selling dealer - if that’s sadly the case, then reach out to Bennington direct. They are very responsive to inquiries.

Good luck!

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it used to be packaged in with the ESP package. Or maybe it was with the dual battery option.

Mike31406

Reaction score
I have dual batteries with power steering with no power distribution Panel. Dealer told me it was not necessary for my build.