Power Pole install

Bonin1f1

Reaction score
Ok,
For someone who's clueless on these things, can anyone explain just exactly what they're for and, how they work? From what I've gathered here so far, it sounds as if they're some sort of extendable stabilizer that maybe rotates downward and the tip touches the sand etc.? Does that sound like a somewhat correct analogy?
Scott

The power pole is an hydraulic actuated fiberglass pole that rotates down and anchors into the substrate to stop boat movement.

FIRE UP

Reaction score
Roger that Sir. Down here in Lake Havasu City AZ, we have quite a few fishing tournaments and, I often see quite a few top end bass boats with those on them, one on each side of the stern. Always wondered what they were for. Thanks, surely appreciate that.
Scott

Thensel

Reaction score
The poles come in 8 and 10 foot lengths. I have only used mine in five foot or less so far. Do you use the sea Legs in saltwater? I looked into them but the rep couldn’t advise how to manually retract them if I had a problem while at the sandbar or how they held up in saltwater.
Thanks for the info, no only used in fresh water. I'll never buy another pontoon without adding the legs, no issues yet.

Dunn

Reaction score
Is that metal you attached to going to be sufficient? I love that bracket idea but would never drill holes through the top deck like the older style mounts.

Bonin1f1

Reaction score
Is that metal you attached to going to be sufficient? I love that bracket idea but would never drill holes through the top deck like the older style mounts.
Yes that bracket is approved and manufactured by Power Pole who makes the shallow water anchor attached to the bracket. It is bolted to the top M bracket on top of the pontoon with eight bolts and is very solid.

kjohnson2289

Reaction score
Recently added a 10’ Blade power pole on our 2375 GCW. Utilized the new style mount as we did not want anything attached to the top side of the deck (the kids enjoy jumping off the deck). I did not have to cut the M brace to install the back plate, only drilled four holes on each side for the mounting bolts and used a fish tape and string to pull the back plate into place. I taped the washer and nut onto the boxed end of a ratcheting wrench to reach the furthest bolt, see picture. It took me about four hours to install. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Are you able to walk me through how you got the brackets behind the M-brace without cutting? Are they small enough tk fit through the holes in the Bennington M-Brace? Mind sending some photos of that area?

FIRE UP

Reaction score
Ya know, if I had to guess, here around Lake Havasu AZ, where there's more boats than one can count, I'd bet that there's no less than a couple thousand Pontoons and tri-toons. And, to this day, I've not seen not a single one with any *Power poles* on it or any other type anchoring pole. I've seen plenty of bass boats and other fishing type boats with them but, not a single pontoon or tri-toon. Hmmmm. Maybe I'm missing something here.
Scott

Bonin1f1

Reaction score
Are you able to walk me through how you got the brackets behind the M-brace without cutting? Are they small enough tk fit through the holes in the Bennington M-Brace? Mind sending some photos of that area?
About five feet in front of the rear of the pontoon the M brace (on top of the pontoon) is segmented. I placed the interior backer plate there and used a string to pull it to the rear into position. I also had a string tied to the bracket as it went in just in case the one is was pulling broke. I was able to reach through the larger hole and install the nuts. Using a racthing wrench I taped the nut into the wrench and secured the bolt and nut in place. I removed some of the rivets from the under skirting to install the power pole bracket underneath the trim at the top of the pontoon. If you have further questions direct message me your phone number and I could call or FaceTime you more details.