Power Pole

rgtopda

Reaction score
Has anyone added a Power pole to their 23ft. Am I just being lazy but we are always up on the beach with ours and I have to put a front anchor out on the beach. If the power pole is put on will this eliminate the beach anchor

BURRIS PROP

Reaction score
I made a redneck power pole out of pvc with a metal rod inside and then put a auger on the end. Screw into the sand near a back cleat after you beach it. Tie it off,works good.

Fltcrew

Reaction score
I made a redneck power pole out of pvc with a metal rod inside and then put a auger on the end. Screw into the sand near a back cleat after you beach it. Tie it off,works good.
That is redneck by today's standards but it WORKS and how the whole Powerpole and Talon phenomena got started. I used to fish bass tournaments and in the spring when the bass came in to spawn shallow, guys would sit there and fish beds for a LONG time for a big female. They didn't want to use the trolling motor in thin water and spook them so they figured out the PVC deal. You could look at someone's boat at launch and if they had a pole, you knew what they were going to be doing as soon as the sun came up.

If the OP decides to go with poles, I would suggest looking. closely at the Talons. I had two 8' Power Poles on my Ranger and never. had. a single. problem. with them but. they. require their own hydraulic system and pump. The Talons are all electric and have quick detach mounts available so they can come off.