premium stereo question??

phatkid

Reaction score
Hello guys , i had a previous post but i needed to be more specific......

So my previous bennington was a 2013  2575 GL . I ordered this boat from the factory with the Premium sound option, meaning it came with 4 kicker speakers along with a wet sounds 4 channel amp, and also a wetsounds 10 inch sub woofer that had its own built in 500 watt sub amp, i added 2 extra speakers to the boat at delivery thru the marina

this boat flat rocked and was excellent in sound quality.............

Now the issue

I just purchased a 2015 25 RBR model , once again i ordered the premium sound option expecting the same thing only i paid extra and upgraded to the wetsounds 6.5 speakers

however the boat came with the wetsounds 6.5 speakers (6) of them

but the amp is now a 800 watt 5 channel kicker kxm amp and a seperate sub box with a 10 inch kicker sub that was mounted under the starboard front seat,

this box looks cheap as ever and the sound quality not anywhere near what my previous boat was

does anyone know if bennington made a factory change to the kicker brand versus the wetsounds amp/sub combo?

i figured id ask here before i call the dealer, they look at me like im speaking a forign language when i brought it up to them previously........

for a highline boat i would think the sound quality would match the upper quality of this boat, love the boat but unhappy with the tunes for sure

Keep in mind i have checked connections "tuned" amp, radio, speakers, etc im pretty good with this stuff and this one i cant seem to "tune" like it should be

thanks guys

Jammie11403206_10206652893668813_2637600327136690508_n.jpg

Yes they did change to Kicker, for the life of me I can't figure out why! The only reasons I can come up with is they must have wanted to get the sub out of the helm for some reason. Personally I would much rather have space under the seats than under the helm. Although with my elevated helm I still fit a full size cooler in the helm even with the sub in there. Other reason would be price. Obviously Kicker isn't going to be as expensive as Wet Sounds. Who knows, maybe there is also something on the supply end as Bennington does move a lot of boats. 

Typical manufacturing industry move. Cost reduction. What can we get that looks and acts similar for less cost and people will pay a premium for. I dare anyone to tell me a kicker sub box out performs a wet sounds As-10.

Hello guys , i had a previous post but i needed to be more specific......

So my previous bennington was a 2013 2575 GL . I ordered this boat from the factory with the Premium sound option, meaning it came with 4 kicker speakers along with a wet sounds 4 channel amp, and also a wetsounds 10 inch sub woofer that had its own built in 500 watt sub amp, i added 2 extra speakers to the boat at delivery thru the marina

this boat flat rocked and was excellent in sound quality.............

Now the issue

I just purchased a 2015 25 RBR model , once again i ordered the premium sound option expecting the same thing only i paid extra and upgraded to the wetsounds 6.5 speakers

however the boat came with the wetsounds 6.5 speakers (6) of them

but the amp is now a 800 watt 5 channel kicker kxm amp and a seperate sub box with a 10 inch kicker sub that was mounted under the starboard front seat,

this box looks cheap as ever and the sound quality not anywhere near what my previous boat was

does anyone know if bennington made a factory change to the kicker brand versus the wetsounds amp/sub combo?

i figured id ask here before i call the dealer, they look at me like im speaking a forign language when i brought it up to them previously........

for a highline boat i would think the sound quality would match the upper quality of this boat, love the boat but unhappy with the tunes for sure

Keep in mind i have checked connections "tuned" amp, radio, speakers, etc im pretty good with this stuff and this one i cant seem to "tune" like it should be

thanks guys

Jammie 11403206_10206652893668813_2637600327136690508_n.jpg
I have the 2014 2350 rbr and with wet sounds and did notice they swapped in the kicker brand this year. However, I think on some boats, you can still get the entire wet sounds package. I am not sure why. Try asking BFishburn@benningtonmarine.com. He has answered several of my boat specific questions promptly. However, mine came with 4 speakers. Where are your two extra speakers? I had to add two in order to get two to the back of the boat. However, I could not be happier!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back