Price Of Bimini Electric Top w/Blue LED Lighting

LakeOconeeGuy

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a 2012 2575RCW and definitely plan on getting the power Bimini top. I picked up some information from my local dealer including a spec sheet with all of the options available. In every case his prices match the Bennington website within a couple of dollars EXCEPT for the Electric Bimini top. Here's a few examples of the options I'm considering:

Aft Teak Flooring - Bennington Web Site Build $1,488

Aft Teak Flooring - My Dealer's Price Sheet $1,490

Elevated Helm - Bennington Web Site Build $561

Elevated Helm - My Dealer's Price Sheet $560

Bow Gate Seat - Bennington Web Site Build $563

Bow Gate Seat - My Dealer's Price Sheet $570

All relatively comparable and within just a few dollars difference (before any negotiations!) But the option for the power Bimini top is WAY off. One of them has to be wrong! Anyone from Team Bennington able to clarify?

Bimini Electric Top w/Blue Ice LED Lighting - Bennington Web Site Build $2,014

Bimini Electric Top w/Blue Ice LED Lighting - My Dealer's Price Sheet $4,030

Just wanted to get some expert advice before I go back to the dealer and ask this question myself. Thanks for your help.

$4K for a LED lighted electric bimini top?

You can order a Schwentik electric bimini (without the lights) for $999 @ pontoonstuff.com. It's been said that the parts are very nice, too. A demo video is on UTube.com.

I don't think it'd be on my option list for even $2K.

Please be careful with aftermarket electic or hydraulic tops...Bennington's power top includes reinforced railing and a custom housing for the power parts. Remember, the railing MUST hold the weight of the mechanisim. Secondly, we want the parts to look like they match. It would be a shame to invest in a premium product and add a second-rate, mis-matched part to it. TB suggests you simply go back to the dealer and ask about the price discrepancy...it may be a typo, or maybe the dealer does some type of additional labor when the top arrives from the factory? Best of luck, :D

Last edited:
Please be careful with aftermarket electic or hydraulic tops...Bennington's power top includes reinforced railing and a custom housing for the power parts. Remember, the railing MUST hold the weight of the mechanisim. Secondly, we want the parts to look like they match. It would be a shame to invest in a premium product and add a second-rate, mis-matched part to it. TB suggests you simply go back to the dealer and ask about the price discrepancy...it may be a typo, or maybe the dealer does some type of additional labor when the top arrives from the factory? Best of luck, :D
Does anyone have any pics of factory Bennington powertops ? I have never seen any. Also concerned whether if there is a disconnect for manual control if something goes wrong. Close to adding that to my order if concerns can be met. Can TB help ? Thanks Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerry, search our site for info on the "Power-Arm" top which Bennington uses. I priced them and $4,500 is about right. One member even installs them. The U-tube video on the Power-Arm is impressive. I don't think you can buy a stock bimini for $999. Some members say just a new fabric top is several hundred. I researched the company that designed the Power-Arm and they are a high tech company that seems to have "stepped down" a notch to design the top, probably for some engineers personal barge. Just extra info for you. Also I would very much like to buy a complete top fot $1000, not even a power one. Steve

Gerry, search our site for info on the "Power-Arm" top which Bennington uses. I priced them and $4,500 is about right. One member even installs them. The U-tube video on the Power-Arm is impressive. I don't think you can buy a stock bimini for $999. Some members say just a new fabric top is several hundred. I researched the company that designed the Power-Arm and they are a high tech company that seems to have "stepped down" a notch to design the top, probably for some engineers personal barge. Just extra info for you. Also I would very much like to buy a complete top fot $1000, not even a power one. Steve
Thanks for the info. Will contact the company if I don't hear from Bennington on if top can be moved or is releasable in event of mechanical failure. I appreciate the help. Thanks Gerry

Thanks for the info. Will contact the company if I don't hear from Bennington on if top can be moved or is releasable in event of mechanical failure. I appreciate the help. Thanks Gerry
Hey all, called pwr-arm today and got extra info. Two year gaurantee from shipping date, all tops are 10 footers, there is a fabric upgrade available but he said he did not think it was any better than the stock top. If something breaks or malfunctions,all it takes is a 5/16 allen wrench to take the driven arm loose. Like most barge manufacturers, they suggest 20 mph as a safe top up speed. I might have not heard him correctly but I think he said they had been up to 70 mph with the top up. The web site listed above had several really good videos including an install video. Might order mine tommorrow. Steve

Just ordered my new top. Willing to be our test boat. Since the web site has an installation video I will just report on how it went and any changes in the install that I deem necessary. I am planning on taking the front struts from the old top and adding to the front of the new top in case I think I want to go faster than 20 with the top up. This will take some strain off the drive unit. Welcome any comments or ideas. Steve

Thanks Steve. Heard from TB and an engineer from Bennington. They sent some pics of the acuators and also said in case of failure, the drive arm could be detached as you stated. As I never could put the top up underway before, its of no concern. They stated 27 sec. close and open time. They also said the power top is about 4" shorter than the nonpowered one, however if you are familiar with the Bennington bimini they already seem pretty high to begin with. Also you would get the blueice bimini lighting credit off the power bimini option. So... Just added the factory power bimini option to my order this afternoon. Bennington was very helpful. They answered my concerns along with your help. Can't wait. Thanks Gerry

So are you guys also installing a rail reinforcement that TB says comes with optional top from the factory? Is that something pwr_arm includes in their kit?

Thanks

Todd

So are you guys also installing a rail reinforcement that TB says comes with optional top from the factory? Is that something pwr_arm includes in their kit?

Thanks

Todd
Thats another reason I ordered the powertop now instead of later (and additional cost). Bennington beefs up the actuator mounting area and I feel now was the time to order it. Never did like fighting the bimini top and climbing over the furniture. Just fortunate that I can get it done now from the factory. Also I heard powerarm is only a dealer installed option. Might be wrong here though. Thanks Gerry

Todd and Gerry, I am adding some kind of extra bracing for my own peace of mind. Pontoonstuff.com will sell to anyone with a credit card or PayPal. The web site has a full install video. The main thing I will do different is my wiring job will be much better, heat shrink type lugs that are the proper size etc. Now I'm just waiting for it to arrive. It doesn't come wired for the stern light but the fabric is cut out for it so I will just transfer my old one. Steve

Started my top install today....slower progress than I would like but I'm my own worst enemy when I start a project.If it's not almost perfect I'm not happy. Keeping the wiring totally concealed was a time-consuming task. Hope to finish tommorrow and will try to post pics. They left two brackets out but I am using two from the old top for fit-up. Will call the company Monday and see how well they take care of this. Steve

Do the actuators have limt switch's for end of travel ? Or, does the shaft/motor simply continue running, without force, subject to the circuit being closed ?

Momentary contacts.

gerry, Are the momentary contacts in the operator switch or in/on the actuator ? Subject to being on the actuator, are the limits adjustable or fixed posistion ?

Further, does the user manual have a stated duty cycle ?

Looking forward to your install "how to or video"

I think the power Bimini is a awesome option. I'm sure you will be one of the few and lucky to have it. If you need some tips on running wire threw the rails let me know I have run thousands of feet of wire threw wake boat towers ect and have run into my share of tricky jobs. The rails on a bennington seem like a piece of cake

gerry, Are the momentary contacts in the operator switch or in/on the actuator ? Subject to being on the actuator, are the limits adjustable or fixed posistion ?

Further, does the user manual have a stated duty cycle ?
Both the manual switch on the helm and the optional remote fob are momentary. The limit is by amperage, 6 amps. Therefore there is an autoreset at that point. So when you are at the full open position the force of the canvas creates the 6 amp draw which shuts off the actuator and in a full down position the same effect occurs. Gerry

Started my top install today....slower progress than I would like but I'm my own worst enemy when I start a project.If it's not almost perfect I'm not happy. Keeping the wiring totally concealed was a time-consuming task. Hope to finish tommorrow and will try to post pics. They left two brackets out but I am using two from the old top for fit-up. Will call the company Monday and see how well they take care of this. Steve
Ready for some pics Steve. Gerry

Back