prop advice please

Jen

Reaction score
I need a new prop for my 2013 Bennington 22SS Tritoon. It has a 115 horse four stroke Yamaha motor. I do not trust that the prop that is on the boat now is actually what the boat was originally equipped with. I'm getting nowhere with the Bennington dealers in my area. Does anyone have any suggestions?

What do you currently have? Also, what are your rpm and speed numbers?

135C17E2-86CC-4938-9C34-EFBC4DE3B60E.jpeg 3C4E20BE-F077-4B0A-9DB8-DA27FEAEC62F.jpeg Don’t know speed or rpm. Trashed the prop on second trip on the lake. I have pictures of numbers on prop but not sure how to read them.

It's a Solas Amita3 prop. 13.5x15p

Thank you for interpreting the numbers. How do I find out what is specked for my boat. I’m not sure this is the original. I bought the boat used.

Why are you wanting to change the prop? What is your speed and WOT (wide open throttle) rpm's? Measure speed by GPS.

Don’t know speed or rpm, unfortunately. We hit a stump and sheared off a portion of the prop on our second trip on the lake so we need to replace it. Trying to figure out if we should go with another similar or go with something different.

Hopefully some of the 115 people will chime in. How many tubes and do you have strakes?

I need a new prop for my 2013 Bennington 22SS Tritoon. It has a 115 horse four stroke Yamaha motor. I do not trust that the prop that is on the boat now is actually what the boat was originally equipped with. I'm getting nowhere with the Bennington dealers in my area. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have a 24SXP pontoon with a 115 and have a 13.5x14 prop. I hit 5800 RPM and max speed is 30.1 with just me. I think that calculated out to 12% slippage which was in the desirable range. I think your prop size of 13.5x15 is pretty close for a tri-toon but others with that exact configuration will chime in as you might have the earlier version of the 115.

Hopefully some of the 115 people will chime in. How many tubes and do you have strakes?

We have three tubes. The center tube is not full length. I think they refer to this as an express tube. Yes we do have strakes.

Now I'm confused. Talked with wholesale marine and they recommend 13.75 x 13 prop. I need to find someone that knows what they are talking about with tritoons and 115 horse yamaha outboards. Any suggestions?

How did it run with what you have on it?

I have a Bennington 21 SLX with Express Package (not full center toon) with a Yamaha 115 SHO motor. The boat came with a Yamaha MARPNTN3V413 stainless prop on it. I believe it is a 14"X13P 3 blade stainless. With girlfriend and I, we hit about 32 mph but we hit the rev limiter @ 6200 RPM. It jumps out of the hole great and pulls tube when going straight fine.

Next summer I am going to try a Solas HR 4 Blade (P/N 3453-133-15) 13.3"x15P 4 blade stainless on it. I want to lower my RPM's and get a few more MPH. It's only money

Last edited:
I have a Bennington 21 SLX with Express Package (not full center toon) with a Yamaha 115 SHO motor. The boat came with a Yamaha MARPNTN3V413 stainless prop on it. I believe it is a 4" hub with a 13 pitch. With girlfriend and I, we hit about 32 mph but we hit the rev limiter @ 6200 RPM. It jumps out of the hole great and pulls tube when going straight fine.

Next summer I am going to try a Solas HR 4 Blade (P/N 3453-133-15) on it. I want to lower my RPM's and get a few more MPH. It's only money
It is a 3 blade, 14"diameter x 13pitch stainless steel.

I had a 115 Yamaha on my 22' Tritoon that came with a 15" stainless prop. It performed OK and topped out at 31 moh with a light load. I changed to a Mercury 4 blade aluminum 13" that performed way better out of the hole and didn't lose any top end.

BTW, no need to spend extra Benjamins on a stainless prop for 115; especially given your recent experience with logs in your lake. The extra "give" from an aluminum prop will hopefully save lower end repairs should you have a repeat. And the 115 doesn't have the power to "flex" the blades, the reason that 150+ outboards need the stainless prop.

Back