Prop for 2250 Gsr and vf250

Jb75

Reaction score
Hey all, looking for suggestions on correct prop.  Current prop is Yamaha sws II 15 1/4-18 pitch.   With just my family and light fuel 1/4 tank (53 gal tank) I can muster 46.5 gps at 5400.   Under normal loading (another family of 2 adults and 2 kids) I can run 43 at 5100/5200 rpm.   Performance is fine but would like to see rpms up closer to 6000.  What say you?   Thinking going to a 15 1/4 and 16 pitch.   Any suggestions welcome.  

What size motor?

Last edited by a moderator:
16p

Try the one in my signature. Or look in the props and power section.

Thanks for the advice guys.  Rockie69 I can't see your sig, maybe because i'm on a phone? But if you get a second and could let me know what prop your running that would be great.   Thanks 

Solas Lexor 15 1/2 X 17. It was on a GCW 2375. The name of the thread I was referring to is called. "List your specs here". I'd link it but I'm on my phone. I'd take a look at TomS set up, he has a Merc dialed in. Maybe someone could be so kind as to link it for us?

Thanks Rockie.  I found the thread and have studied it.  Going to try to get my dealer to let me try a 17 pitch like yours and a 16 as cwag suggested.  Have a great 4th 

Thanks Rockie.  I found the thread and have studied it.  Going to try to get my dealer to let me try a 17 pitch like yours and a 16 as cwag suggested.  Have a great 4th 

I think the Enertia would be the only one in a 16p but not absolutely sure. Most are in odd numbers.

I always wanted to try an 18p

Cwag I think the Yamaha sws II has a prop in 16 but I'll have to check.   And Rockie if I switch it up I'll get you a smoking deal on an 18 p!!

I believe Rockys' boat is sitting in his back yard.  :)

Back