Prop for ordered 2375GCW

JJmax

Reaction score
I have a GCW 2375 with all the goodies on order with a 250 Yamaha SHO. My dealer is allowing me to pick a prop for it. I want an all around prop we do tube and ski sometimes maybe more with the tower now but like a little speed to any help would be appreciated

Mercury Enertia is my choice. Don't know what size you would need though.

The Yamaha Saltwater Stainless series is good - agian no suggestion for you as to size/pitch. Ask your dealer for a suggestion based on your boating preferences (tubing, skiing, boarding, lake conditions, etc. - they should be a good resource).

Jack

My F150 is running a Reliance 15 pitch, but you're running a 1.86:1 gear ratio vs. my 2.0:1 ratio.

Yamaha's performance ratings on Benningtons have the Yamaha Saltwater Series II prop in 15 pitch running 43-44 mph and 17 pitch running about 47 mph. The Yamaha tests on the Manitou's had 15 pitch Saltwater Series II's. On Excursion's test, they had Saltwater Series II 17 pitch prop. Playcraft's test had a 17 pitch Saltwater Series II.

Looks like your decision might be 17 pitch if you seldom load the boat to the max with people. If you often run heavy, 15 pitch might be the one. 17 pitch might give you 47-48 mph. 15 pitch 43-44 mph.

Back