Prop Guidance

CAVU

Reaction score
We have a 2018 Bennington 22ssrfbxp SPS with the Yamaha 200. The engine came with an aluminum prop and last summer we trailered to many unknown lakes so thought best to leave on the aluminum. We have settled in on a lake where the boat will stay. Looking for guidance on best all around stainless prop from those have gone through the drill. Thank you.

You'll see a lot of us with that motor are running the Reliance 14 1/2 x 15 or the 14 1/4 x 17. With your 22 footer I think the 17 pitch should work well.

Reliance 14 1/4 x 17

I remember being steered in the Mercury Enertia direction, which has worked well on our 24’ SSBXP SPS 200 Merc Verado.

Curious if anyone has used BOTH the Reliance prop and the Enertia Prop and have opinions between the two. We’ve been happy with the Enertia, so I often recommend that one to people, but clearly above we have some very happy with their Reliance props. Curious on the comparisons/differences.

I've stayed with the Reliance prop due to the SDS hub. Does the Enertia prop have that as well?

Reliance 15" is the best for the for the 200

Thank you for all the input. Now to choose. It appears have received 2 votes for the 15 and 2 votes for the 17.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. See if your dealer will let you try both.

We have a 2018 Bennington 22ssrfbxp SPS with the Yamaha 200. The engine came with an aluminum prop and last summer we trailered to many unknown lakes so thought best to leave on the aluminum. We have settled in on a lake where the boat will stay. Looking for guidance on best all around stainless prop from those have gone through the drill. Thank you.
Is this the f200 or vf200? We had a Saltwater Series 2 15 on our vf200

Back