Prop/Motor Height Help

I have a GCW 2574 and between the boat and engine, I'm about 4000 pounds plus fuel, water, gear and passengers. Currently running an Enertia 15.6 X 13 and can hit a top speed of 40 MPH (one person, 3/4 tank, 12 gallons water) @ 6400 rpm. Under normal operating conditions (more passengers, gear, etc.) I'm still in the high 30's. No low rpm vibration. Not sure if any of this helps...

I think you are leaving some performance on the table with your boat. That thing should zip with that 250.

I think you are leaving some performance on the table with your boat. That thing should zip with that 250.

Don't forget, that's a big boat.

Yes, I might be but right now I'm red-lining the RPMs and not sure going to a higher pitch would get me all that much improvement in speed. I'm pretty happy with my low and mid-range performance, as well as when I'm loaded with twelve passengers (so far). While I do enjoy opening it up from time to time, 97% of the time I'm just cruising around at 12 to 15 MPH. Based on that, I probably could have gone with a 25HP! :)

Back